Official SMOKER LAW, 1st Ed. (humor)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the rules. #15 was my favorite.

15. Among the group, the person who smokes a pipe, wears glasses and has a beard is, by default, the smartest and most reliable person in the room. If more than one person fits this description, seniority will be determined by the highest percentage of naturally bald scalp.

I'm torn on that one, as my genes are keeping my hair in place. Can't be TOO upset about that, though.

12. Any smoker insisting others use any high-end product, be it pipe or cigar or tobacco or accessory, should supply it. Anyone not willing to buy his friends a Dunhill needs to keep quiet about them.

Does this count if your opinion is asked? for example if I ask pipe geek which tobacco should I try and he insists on penzance should he have to supply it?

Cuervo25_1":uyysubr6 said:
Does this count if your opinion is asked? for example if I ask pipe geek which tobacco should I try and he insists on penzance should he have to supply it?
The key here is "insisting". I may suggest, but if I insist, I'm obligated.

PipeGeek":d4xk3h94 said:
I'm torn on that one, as my genes are keeping my hair in place. Can't be TOO upset about that, though.
Don't get smug...I had hair at your age. :lol!:

PipeGeek":hzrnk00g said:
Cuervo25_1":hzrnk00g said:
The key here is "insisting". I may suggest, but if I insist, I'm obligated.
Have to agree on that one. I also agree with your objection to #15; I would prefer to go with the % of grey :D

These two work for me :p

17. You can smoke a pipe, yet not be a pipe smoker. You must to elicit the accompanying and misleading sense of wisdom to be accepted as such.

18. A smoker should not be overly concerned when the smoking of a stout, nicotine-heavy blend causes the room to spin. For many smokers, that is the total extent of their exercise.

I am definitely a #15 guy. Pipe smoking, mustache and bearded, with glasses and a receding hairline. It's the look that gets you a ride on the New York City Subway if you pay the full fare. :lol!:

Edit: I took my glasses off for this poolside picture

Fantastic rules! My favorite is #15. I immediately thought of LIPIPE. :D

I have lost quite a few Acquisitions to #20. it should be amended to include this...

Additionally it should be noted, any possible eBay purchases should not be shared with another Pipe Smoker, unless you do not plan on bidding on the Pipe. Thou shalt not Bid against thy Neighbor, unless it be on a Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Friday, Sat or Sun.

20. While discussing a pipe you wish to buy, other smokers involved in the conversation must wait 3 minutes before purchasing said item for themselves. Showing more then one picture of the pipe removes the waiting period and absolves any smoker who cannot help himself.

I'm definitely a big fan of #18:

18. A smoker should not be overly concerned when the smoking of a stout, nicotine-heavy blend causes the room to spin. For many smokers, that is the total extent of their exercise.

Of course, I have one more source of exercise. I'm a big fan of doing those "12 oz curls". [beer]. :lol: I don't lose any weight, but I don't mind near as much.

I think #17 is the cornerstone of this forum.

17. You can smoke a pipe, yet not be a pipe smoker. You must elicit the accompanying and misleading sense of wisdom to be accepted as such.

George Kaplan":0axqhz0q said:
I think #17 is the cornerstone of this forum.

17. You can smoke a pipe, yet not be a pipe smoker. You must elicit the accompanying and misleading sense of wisdom to be accepted as such.
Word. 8)

I love these, though I'm disqualified from #15 for my lack of glasses. (In spite of my rapidly balding pate!)

Very well put together.

Dreadgerbil":vjadvf1d said:
I love these, though I'm disqualified from #15 for my lack of glasses. (In spite of my rapidly balding pate!)

Very well put together.
Don't worry. You'll need 'em eventually. I'm just starting to notice it myself. I know at some point my arms won't be long enough to hold out the fine print so I can read it.