Ok I am offically ticked off

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip48

Reaction score
For at least 4 days now I can just about taste nothing. I mean I can taste a few things a little, but most not anything and even chili cheese Doritos have absolutely no flavor. Potato chips and I ask the wife do these have any salt at all?

Now food I can live with this as I know it will go away at some point, but boy every time I like a pipe I am totally ticked off because I can taste much at all. Every once in a while I can for a few puffs and then Nada.

Sorry for the rant, but also knew if anyone would understand you guys would!

Skip

don't mean to be personal, but i know certain medications can have this effect on your tastebuds.

I take a bunch of drugs for my heart and pain from my back, but most have been on at least since 2000 when I had my 5 bypasses. The pain pills longer since my back surgery was in 1989. Need to see if they changed over to something new in my meds I guess, but boy I am getting really frustrated. Meds by the hand full is my motto, not really, but need them darn things.

Skip

yeah, your ticker is pretty important. at least it seems to be temporary. still, absolutely no fun...will be thinking about you skip!

I learned awhile back about flushing my sinuses with saltwater to prevent bacterial infections in the sinuses. It seemes the better I keep them flushed, the better I can taste my cigars and pipe tobacco.

A longshot: Any sort of cold medication (OTC or prescription) that contains zinc can affect taste and smell, sometimes severely. Long term use has also been known to have permanent effects.

Ok thanks guys will try most anything now. Maybe even go see the Doc, but I sure don't like this.

Have not been taking and cold meds lately, but am going to see if any of my meds changed as they sometimes do as to the Mfg.

Skip

Did it suddenly get real humid where you live? I have some trouble like that here in the spring. Pipes don't dry out. Thinks can get nasty tasting, or bland. Usually bland. I have also had meds affect taste. But I cannot recall exactly what it was now.

Dutch may have the answer. I sometimes flush my sinuses, I've got bad ones and prone to infection.

Eat any pine nuts lately? Sometimes they can leave you without your taste buds and even a little bitter taste on the back of your tongue for days.

Skip, I think I would be ticked off as well. I hope all is well though, and hope you taste buds come back soon!

Justpipes":zuqp5f6v said:
Pine Nuts?! That must be it!
I'm not kidding. Happened to me once, couldn't taste anything for a week. It's not an allergy or anything. Look it up.

Thanks for all the info and and well wishes, I just hope this is done soon. Have had it happen with meds a long time ago and things like maybe for a day or two, but not sick or anything, just hardly any taste.

Skip

Got here a little late skip, So all I can say is good luck and I hope you will be back to tasting all that great baccy soon!
Certain nasal sprays and the change of season have this effect on me.
I go one step further, the less I taste the harder I draw and end up roasting my tongue in the process.

Hope all works out there brother!!