Old Dublin...my first Peterson toby..

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_68

Reaction score
So I cracked my tin of OD and took a whif..strange, there's a lat smell but it's quite musty smelling. Not "bad" per se, but very different than any other.

I let a good sized bowls worth dry for about 90 minutes to make sure moisture wouldn't be an issue. I really wanted to taste it "pure" so the big meer got the call.

I've been trying to find lat blends that aren't super heavy in the lat department and this stuff fits in that category. I was very pleased with the subtlety of the lat and it's balance with the Virginia. This seemed to give the basma spice and cav sweetness a chance to be present as well. Overall this was a good smoke! I won't call it complex, just very balanced..

I would recommend it and am REALLY looking forward to.giving it a couple of weeks to see.where it goes..

Take care all!

I have been wanting to try the peterson summer blends... they have 2 different years at my local B&M, and the Tin art alone is making me itch with TAD. Nothing like seeing the beach chair (2011) and grilling tools with a pipe (2010) when it is single digits with the wind chill in chicago.

I have a tin I've been nursing on. It's a good tasty Balkan.

I couldn't take the nic hit from Old Dublin. I gave it to a friend who likes heavy lats and he loves it, he was puzzled why it didn't agree with me as I like MM965, etc. I am a nic wimp for sure.

I DID get a small Nic hit at the end but didn't feel the lat was "heavy"...hmm, maybe I'm getting a bit more used to it as I have been smoking Blue Mountain more consistently the pasr week or so.

It definitely was tasty and I'm now wondering if my next aro might be a Peterson, say a Summer-blend or perhaps Irish Whisky which sounds interesting..

mike_68 wrote:

I'm now wondering if my next aro might be a Peterson, say a Summer-blend
If you like amaretto, try Peterson's Sunset Breeze. I don't consider myself to be an aro smoker and there are only a handful of aros that I will smoke. Sunset Breeze is one of them. Sunset Breeze is unlike many aros that are loaded with humectants and leave a gloopy mess in your bowl - it burns and smokes well to the very end. I imagine that the other Peterson blends are also high quality blends. I tend to gravitate to aros in the summer and this summer I may try some other Peterson aro blends. Hell, why wait until summer? Maybe I will pickup a tin today. :lol:

fumo bro":3lfe0pbl said:
mike_68 wrote:

I'm now wondering if my next aro might be a Peterson, say a Summer-blend
If you like amaretto, try Peterson's Sunset Breeze. I don't consider myself to be an aro smoker and there are only a handful of aros that I will smoke. Sunset Breeze is one of them. Sunset Breeze is unlike many aros that are loaded with humectants and leave a gloopy mess in your bowl - it burns and smokes well to the very end. I imagine that the other Peterson blends are also high quality blends. I tend to gravitate to aros in the summer and this summer I may try some other Peterson aro blends. Hell, why wait until summer? Maybe I will pickup a tin today. :lol:
Thumbs up to the Sunset Breeze. Another one I like occasionally is Nutty Cut, which I think is a re-packaged summer blend from a few years ago. My favorite Peterson aro, though, is University Flake, folded and stuffed after drying for half an hour or so.

Thanks gents...I'll be checking out all suggestions in the very near future.