Old Joe Krantz

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyPete

Reaction score
How many fans of this tobacco have we got amongst the brothers?

According to the reviews I've read, this is some outstanding blend. Do the brothers agree about that?

It surely has many fans.  Have you tried and liked many other C&D blends?  If so this could be a good fit for you.  Many of their blends have similar profiles. I found OJK to be way to strong and acrid.

Oh goodness me yes, I adore OJK, got some in a pipe right now as it just so happens, I have found C&D blends are a whole lot more how I figured tobacco should be when I was younger, especially OJK, wish we could get it on the UK but we have absolutely nothing like it here. Saying that though I do rather prefer Bayou Morning myself but OJK is a superb blend, to my tastes that is, Night Train is another wonderful blend by C&D which I am rather partial to, darn it how I wish we had them here, go get yourself a truck load of their blends before the taxes cripple purchase, by all accounts they age exceedingly well but I cannot attest to that.

Haunted Bookshop is as far as I go, even then Storm Front is 15,000 time better.

Count me among the fans of OJK. Being a dedicated English blend smoker I am surprised at how much I've been taken with this future classic. Stuff seems to evaporate around here.

OJK seems to be one of those love it or hate it blends. I got a pound of the stuff in bulk a few years ago. I've managed to smoke maybe five bowls(?) of it in that time. I've been giving it away to anyone looking to try something new. With luck it'll be all gone before too long. :roll:

Love it. For an experiment I recommend my personal recipe. Take some ojk then crumple some dried out brown rope medallions into it till it's about 70/30 ojk/crumbled rope then smoke. To much of this is an a** kicker so I would smoke this in a modest bowled pipe. Enjoy.

MisterE":yvx08aw5 said:
OJK seems to be one of those love it or hate it blends. I got a pound of the stuff in bulk a few years ago. I've managed to smoke maybe five bowls(?) of it in that time. I've been giving it away to anyone looking to try something new. With luck it'll be all gone before too long. :roll:
Exactly what I was going to say, though, fortunately I only bought 8oz. I really wanted to like it, and I keep revisiting it hoping my tastes have changed, but this one just isn't for me.

Try it in a cob, if you haven't done so yet. Smoke it as if was an expensive and rare blend.

it's among my top three---in fact it's closing in on number two which is Morley's Best--
if i were told it's OJK or nothin' from now on, i'd be OK with that--OJK that is--

I really like OJK but I like Night Train a tad more. I might just have to buy another tin of OJK just to see if this is still true for me.

Thank you so much for all your responses, my brothers!  :cheers: 

I'm still waiting for my OJK and after what I've read here, I really look forward to receiving it.

I'm going to order Storm Front and Night Train as well. I do have my own rule though that I will not order any tobacco until I've received my last order! That is to keep the budget in sight. Otherwise I will just keep on ordering and run into trouble  :lol: 

SpeedyPete":2wzmkd5v said:
Thank you so much for all your responses, my brothers!   :cheers: 

I'm still waiting for my OJK and after what I've read here, I really look forward to receiving it.

I'm going to order Storm Front and Night Train as well.   I do have my own rule though that I will not order any tobacco until I've received my last order!  That is to keep the budget in sight.  Otherwise I will just keep on ordering and run into trouble  :lol: 
Shoot me a PM with your address and I will send you a sample of Night Train.

J_Rock":x4mlz719 said:
SpeedyPete":x4mlz719 said:
Thank you so much for all your responses, my brothers!   :cheers: 

I'm going to order Storm Front and Night Train as well.   I do have my own rule though that I will not order any tobacco until I've received my last order!  That is to keep the budget in sight.  Otherwise I will just keep on ordering and run into trouble  :lol: 
Shoot me a PM with your address and I will send you a sample of Night Train.
My brother, just want to remind you that I live in South Africa?  :) 

I need to try this one (I have a tin waiting in the cellar). I like Morley's Best, Epiphany, the bowl or two of Burley Flake 4 I had, and I've been hit or miss with Big 'n' Burley. Sometimes that one is deep, nutty, earthy goodness. Sometimes it's acrid dirty-burley-mouth with no reward.

Thomas Tkach":o7xmd4zu said:
I need to try this one (I have a tin waiting in the cellar). I like Morley's Best, Epiphany, the bowl or two of Burley Flake 4 I had, and I've been hit or miss with Big 'n' Burley. Sometimes that one is deep, nutty, earthy goodness. Sometimes it's acrid dirty-burley-mouth with no reward.  
That's all I ever got from Big 'n' Burley.

I have 4 oz. jarred and it will probably sit there forever.

:evil: