On a Break

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc Manhattan

Reaction score
Brothers and Sisters,

I have it on good authority that sometime in the next two weeks, I'll become a father. :shock: Don't worry, it's not a surprise, but it's really really close now.

Between this good news, and the additional work I've taken on to bankroll this exciting project, my time is limited and some amount of it belongs to sleep.

So, until further notice, I have dropped to the bottom of the BoB moderator depth chart.

I won't be doing any proactive moderating--no moving misfiled topics, no stepping in, no fielding questions on or off-board. The only thing I will do is vote on rare things that require majorities of the mod board behind the scenes.

If you PM me about admin stuff, I'll politely refer you to the remaining mods, when I get around to it.

I will still be around as a user. I will still--with the advice and consent of the rest of the Mod team--keep my admin status. I will definitely keep puffing my pipes.

Hell, you probably won't notice I'm missing. But if you do, that's why I'm not around. 8)

Your pal,
Doc

Hey Doc! Congrats on your son-to-be father staus!! It´s an exciting time for sure.

Just stop in and say howdy from time to time if you feel so inclined! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Congrats, good luck, best wishes and all that ! :D . :cheers:

Don't know who the heck you are but a baby can't be bad (until they are teenagers) ;) Congrats

Okay Doc,, :cheers: ,,,great news, enjoy every minute of it and keep us informed from time to time with an update. Have you worked out any names yet,,,like Penzance, Virginia, Lovat or Char,,,, :D

mark":r7er30zo said:
Okay Doc,, :cheers: ,,,great news, enjoy every minute of it and keep us informed from time to time with an update. Have you worked out any names yet,,,like Penzance, Virginia, Lovat or Char,,,, :D
Albert Carter if it's a boy, Virginia Cavendish if it's a girl...

Probably a good thing that the mother is actually the one who has to fill out the name form. 8)

Lesath":zeu1tak1 said:
Oh, by the way. If you were handing out cigars, what would they be?
I don't know from good cigars, but something with a proper Connecticut-grown wrapper. The kiddo was grown in CT, so the cigar should be too.

Congrats Doc, I'd imagine this is a time of many emotions. I have faith you'll take it in stride. Best of luck with you and the coming years!

That's great news! Congratulations!
Although, you may need to stop by occasionally to watch over your grown children here on the BoB.
And does this mean PB is in charge?
Lord help us...

Congrats Doc. Don't be a stranger to us, I'm sure you'll realize that the time of relaxation with pipe in hand will now be even more valuable and appreciated. Wishing you and yours the best.
Andy

:D

Congratulations Doc. :cheers: Enjoy the rest now because once the blessed event happens it will be about eighteen years until your next solid eight hours of sleep. :affraid:

Hey friends, just a quick bump to say that child, mother, and father are all doing well.

I want also to remind you (or inform you if you didn't see this earlier) that I am on leave as Moderator. I am on now and then, and I yet have Mod powers but do not have time to use them with the thought and discussion they often require.

Please contact another Moderator in the rare instance you have a problem requiring intervention. Blackhorse has joined our ranks as a special Trading Post Mod, and is doing a heckuva good job in that department.