One down, one to go

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

priest2705

Reaction score
So, I just got my 1st pipe in a couple days ago, an estate Marxman bent stem from ebay. Good condition, a little cake. Gave it a reaming and cleaning and smoked my first bowl in it yesterday. Started with Pirate Kake, and it smokes well. It seems to gurgle, but I"m not sure whether that's the pipe, me, or the fact that I ddin't dry the tobacco much. I've had a couple bowls since then, and like it. Gonna try drying the tobacco more, see how that works. So far, I've smoked AJ's VaPer and Three Friars as well. The bowl's a bit smallish, but it's good for a 20 minute smoke. I also have a "the pipe" showing up today, another ebay snag. I'm really looking forward to that. Next week, I'll try to add some more to te rotation, looking at Custombilt, Kaywoodie, Comoy's, Irish Second, and a few other manufacturers. I'll post pics of both when I get home tonight

Sounds great--like an abundance of delights for sure. Pirate Kake is delicious and when I've gotten it it always seems just-right to dry. A fantastic smoke for sure and one all of those pipes will be lucky to get to provide.