One Heart Source - My daughter is going to South Africa!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mozjo33

Reaction score
My youngest daughter (Alycia) is a Sophomore at Penn State. She is studying Animal Science and plans on joining the Peace Corp before finding a job working in a zoo. Although Alycia has tried to kill me many times over (those of you with daughters know exactly what I'm talking about), she has the most loving and generous heart I have ever encountered.

In preparation for a future in the Peace Corp, Alycia has been accepted to be a volunteer for One Heart Source. Their mission: "Provide some of the most disadvantaged and underrepresented students in the world with opportunities to excel in an environment where they are also encouraged to be themselves." Alycia will be going to Cape Town, South Africa this summer to be an academic mentor to elementary level students. She will be helping them improve their reading comprehension, math skills and English skills.

Alycia will be scrimping to save every penny she makes to put towards this trip. I would like to note that she has not asked my wife or I for one dime to make this trip happen, as she wants to do this all on her own. She needs to raise approximately $5,000 to pay for her travel, room and board. Alycia has created a Go Fund Me account in an attempt to raise as much money as she can through charitable contributions.

If you wish to help Alycia finance her dreams and help her be able to help those much less fortunate than us, please click on the link below. Anything helps, even a $1.00 donation. I know that money is always tight, so if you can't donate, please forward her message to others!

My signature picture has always been of my two girls. To say that I'm a proud father is a major understatement!!

Thank you for your time and any assistance!

All the best - Mo!

http://www.gofundme.com/OHSVolunteer

Hello Mo, with our exchange rate at R11 to $1 I cannot make a donation. But.....I live 50km from Cape Town, right on the beach in a village called The Strand or just plain Strand.

It will be a pleasure and privilege to meet your daughter, invite her to spend weekends with us, take her around and show her what our country looks like.

Please let me know when she's on her way.

Mo, I am recovering from PAD this week, but would like to help out. When is the deadline for Alycia's fund raiser? I noticed it says she is leaving July 19th.

SpeedyPete: Thank you so much for the offer! I will definitely update as the time draws near

John: Please, please, please put it on Facebook. Thank you so much. The more people know, the better for her and One Heart Source.

Dutch: Thank you for your generosity. She needs to have final payment by May 20th.

Mo, just got my donation in. Hope Alycia has a safe and productive trip! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thank you so much fellas! Your generosity is unbelievable. Everyday she is getting closer to her goals.

All the best!

Mo, Alycia and fam.