One of my favorite hats

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cartaphilus":o8z74bev said:
SteveS":o8z74bev said:
well, sure ... but by what means are you doing so??

just as you'd not take a stiff bristled scrubbing brush to a high-cost Italian sports car, you're not spritzing that hat with 409 ...
No, it's a horse hair brush designed to clean hats, maybe you didn't see my complete reply.
I gets taken to a shop or dry cleaner to get a through clean when it needs it.
I've been wearing hats for more the 35 years and know a little about there care.
What exactly is your concern with my hat?
Cart, you should have mentioned that you should brush a hat the way the wind blows. . . :)  I am reblocking my favorite hat right now. It is the 20 X, Black Gold Resistol that I mentioned in the “Hats” forum.

This is not my most favorite curl on this one.  It is slipping and I must have it redone if I can find someone with a Kettle Curler!  Anyway, it is a 20X and my favorite hat, except for maybe the full curled one.

IMG_0824_zps07c4ba56.jpg

Those hat steamers are nice but, expensive so every time I've cleaned and blocked/shaped my hats I've always used an old tea pot. Got one without a whistle, just has an open spout. Works real well and points the steam where I need it, the rest is just technique.