One Year of Major Surgery! But I am back!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strongirish

Reaction score
HI, in the past year I have been inactive on this forum but I am back now and better than ever. I started my year getting a colonoscopy and on the table I had a heart incident which led to me having one artery removed because of 99 percent blockage and my main artery was cleaned out as it was 85 percent blocked. Then, I had a growth form on my arm which turned out to be squamous cell carcinoma, otherwise know as cancer and I had to have a large part of my forarm removed and they found 4 more smaller growths on my nose, arm, and groin and they were removed. Then I had a major interaction with the drugs they gave me and I had to wean off them. Then my back gave out and I had to have the lower three disks of my back rebuilt, and 15 bone spurs removed from the nerves of my back. All this surgery and recovery had me so down and out, I had no time for the net. But, now, I hope it is all past me and I am back! I hope to renew old friendships and to make new one. Throughout it all, I never put my pipe down (well in the hospital yes).

Welcome back and God Speed on a quick recovery and good health!

You must have seriously pissed off someone! Had all of that hit me so intensely I probably would have made my exit. You are a gallant soul. My very best.

It's been a rough year, hasn't it? Glad to see we're all coming through decently. Proudly, with pipe in hand. :D

Welcome back, Strongirish.

8)

You've been put through the wringer for sure. Back just in time for the end of the world Friday,,, :lol!:

Glad to hear from you, stay healthy, wealthy and wise.

Good God man! Glad to see you made it through, and welcome back. We walking wounded may make up the greater percentage of members on this board :shock:

Earl,
Isn't it amazing how pipes and tobacco can really help soften some of the blow. You had more than what any person should have to deal with, especially all in one years time. Congratulations on hanging in there and being such an advocate for our hobby. Your expertise is a welcome addition here and the other forums as well.
I can tell the Willmer collection os going to grow even more. :cheers:
Andy

Can we still say, "it's all Earl's fault" after hearing what he's been going through? :p
More importantly, if we can't still say "It's all Earl's fault", then who the hell do are we supposed blame now? :suspect:

Glad to hear you're doing better Brother!
Been a while since we chatted. Haven't been on PC that much, I'll have to make a point to stop by and harass you and Tommy. :twisted:

I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a MUCH BETTER New Year!!!!

Keep in touch.

Sean aka "DoverPipes"

Strong Irish, I'll I can say is that I thought my year was bad (major back surgery, 2 skin cancers removed + my wife's full hysterectomy at age 40), but HOLY GUACAMOLE, you have been through the proverbial wringer my friend. :shock: :evil:

Let's just say "Here's to a much better 2013." :cheers:

Cheers!

Nothing like hearing from old friends! Yeah, Wilmers are in danger now on eBay! And yes, come on and visit me over at PipeChat.info, and all therest of you too. Of course now that I am feeling better I will be back on here visiting as well. thankd for the welcome back guys!

Welcome back Brother! :cheers:

Sorry to read of your troubles.

Fraternally

Jers

What a year, well done for pulling through, :)

Strongirish":d9px3i87 said:
Nothing like hearing from old friends! Yeah, Wilmers are in danger now on eBay! And yes, come on and visit me over at PipeChat.info, and all therest of you too. Of course now that I am feeling better I will be back on here visiting as well. thankd for the welcome back guys!
Just signed up, I'm Briar Spirit on your site. ;)