Open Tins-How many in your rotation

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brando71":3wnrl89b said:
One week ago I wondered I had 43 open tins... now just 35... :D

I'm probably somewhere near that myself. Any tins opened are in mason jars. Much of what I have on the shelf is a result of trying different tobaccos. I find myself refilling 4 or 5 jars from bulk and revisiting the remainder on occasion.

I'll have to focus on smoking some of the others before I replenish my favorites.

Slide":kx4bsxla said:
brando71":kx4bsxla said:
One week ago I wondered I had 43 open tins... now just 35... :D

I'm probably somewhere near that myself. Any tins opened are in mason jars. Much of what I have on the shelf is a result of trying different tobaccos. I find myself refilling 4 or 5 jars from bulk and revisiting the remainder on occasion.

I'll have to focus on smoking some of the others before I replenish my favorites.
Yes, variety is cool. 50 something jars/samples open and loving having the selection. All, of course, steps along the journey...

I jar every tin, if it's for long term. I also use the half pint jars for tins that I'm working on. For transporting in vehicles I use old Rattry's tins, their plastic tops are the best. The short and extra wide Mason jelly jars work great around the house. If I'm working in my shop I use old Rattray's tins, to keep from knocking of on to the cement floor. A black Scripto felt tip for labeling and dating on the lids. A cottonball with alcohol for label removing.