Opening Day

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love baseball too Kyle.

Life long Yankee fan, but after living in the burgh for 14 years, I follow the Pirates religously. Nothing like that Pirate optimism that gets crushed every year. The pitching did not improve at all. I don't see Burnett being as string as last year, MacDonald is a head case, Rodriguez was not impressive and you never know what you are going to get from the rest in the rotation.

With all that being said, I am still in hockey mode. Pens pulled off 15 in a row today without Crosby, Kunitz, Letang and Martin. The Stanley Cup or bust!!!!!!!

Kyle Weiss":n1xu5om2 said:
So glad baseball is back. :D
!!!!YES!!!!!

I am looking forward to the first game of the season on Sunday with my boys the Rangers and a bowl of Embarcadero (which I have never tried before).

Hampsters - I'm sure you'll enjoy having the Astros to beat up all year now...they've been the only bright spot on the Cubs schedule for years. It's gonna be a long summer.

Embarcadero (which I have never tried before).
Pack it right in a clean pipe, take it slow, and it'll be the first day of the rest of your life 8)

:face:

Kyle Weiss":330bo6or said:
So glad baseball is back. :D
I wish, really wish, that I could appreciate your sentiments, But I live in PITTSBURGH, rumored to be the home of a major league club.

I tell ya what. The Pirates have an interesting thing going on this year, and I'll be watching them closely.

Yankees? Rangers? Who are they again? :sleep: :sunny: :tongue:

I'll stick with my Giants, as I always have, win or lose. Which is why I respect the hell out of a Cubbies fan: now THAT'S dedication! :cheers:

Crossing all league/regional lines here, the Mariners, Royals, Reds, Pirates, A's, Orioles, and Tigers are all ones I'm keeping a close eye on. Hell, even the Rays. The Rockies and the D-Bags are always a sneaky threat. The Nats are going to do well anyway, and I'm disappointed in the Dodgers simply throwing money at their team. You can't buy cohesiveness--and I like good opposition, now or down the road.

May it be a fun season for all!

Home opener.

Burnett 6 IP, / K K K K K K K K K K.

The Pirates fall to the Cubs, 3-1.

Why does this seem like it's an omen :scratch:

Bee-ee-yootiful!
CPCKg4d.jpg

Kyle Weiss":hl8eeko7 said:
Crossing all league/regional lines here, the Mariners, Royals, Reds, Pirates, A's, Orioles, and Tigers are all ones I'm keeping a close eye on. Hell, even the Rays. The Rockies and the D-Bags are always a sneaky threat. The Nats are going to do well anyway, and I'm disappointed in the Dodgers simply throwing money at their team. You can't buy cohesiveness--and I like good opposition, now or down the road.
Don't lose sight of the Blue Jays. I suspect the AL East is going to look quite unlike anything we've been accustomed to in recent years.

Yep, the Jays look good too, even if Cabrera is there. :lol: I hope he cleans up himself, he's a good ballplayer. Though the damning headlines are dooming the Giants not having him. They did okay without him, and they thrive on naysayers.

Gonna be a fun 2013.

Yak":dx8hl34s said:
Home opener.

Burnett 6 IP, / K K K K K K K K K K.

The Pirates fall to the Cubs, 3-1.

Why does this seem like it's an omen :scratch:

I caught pieces of this, but as we know, baseball is a marathon, not so much a race. The Pirates have spunk! :D

I was listening to some local sports talk before the Indians/Jays game last night (alas, a Cubs fan in Cleveland), and the hosts/callers were all fired up because a win that night (they lost, incidentally) would have led to the first time the Tribe started a season with 3 consecutive wins since '98. Being the predictable sports fan that I am, I start giving my friend (a rabid Indians' fan) all sorts of guff that it's been 15 years since his team managed to start 3-0. I should have thought to pull out a sports almanac beforehand...apparently the Cubs haven't done it since '95.

idbowman":up86cfyi said:
I was listening to some local sports talk before the Indians/Jays game last night (alas, a Cubs fan in Cleveland), and the hosts/callers were all fired up because a win that night (they lost, incidentally) would have led to the first time the Tribe started a season with 3 consecutive wins since '98. Being the predictable sports fan that I am, I start giving my friend (a rabid Indians' fan) all sorts of guff that it's been 15 years since his team managed to start 3-0. I should have thought to pull out a sports almanac beforehand...apparently the Cubs haven't done it since '95.
I only caught the highlights of that game, there's so much going on now that regular season is upon us, but I'll just say, the Indians losing always makes me happy... :lol:

Also, not sure if any of you use it, but the At Bat app for mobile devices is really keen. I splurged and got the $20 version and boy, it's a great thing to have in my pocket. Has radio streams, too, which I highly prefer. When I'm out of Reno radio signal range for work, I can still keep up! Grab my electronic leash, a pipe, find a chair, and boom, cozy town.