Opinions on L'Anatra pipes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnossos

Reaction score
This is a brand I've looked at for some time - years, really - but I've never taken the plunge.

Can anyone in the sewers comment on them? I'm not overly sure how I feel about the protruding duck head and worry it might break off easily, so I'd be curious to hear if anyone's run into issues like that before, for example. How do they stack up to other Italians (or pipes in general, I suppose)? Any comments welcome!

Not all have the protruding duck head. I have had two L'Anatra's in my day, a cherrywood dublin with angel hair grain and a small little apple. I gave the apple away and regret it a bit to this day. I still have the cherrywood dublin, but I rarely smoke it because it is not really my style.

Both pipes were average to good smokers. As is typical with Italian pipes, the stem work isn't the best, but I'd say for the price L'Anatra pipes are pretty appealing. See if you can pick up an estate.

gnossos, I have 2 Lanatra's that I am very pleased with, and will probably never sell. They are a quality pipe, but there are lot's of quality pipes on the market as well. As for the duck head, both mine have them, and they are very solidly mounted, so I would be surprised if you had a problem with one breaking off or coming loose.

I've drooled over quite a few myself but have never pulled the trigger.