Opinions on Luciano pipes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got one of their cherrywood shapes...my local b&m carries them and I got to handle several when he got the shipment in, all seemed to be quality pipes, fit and finish are good, drilling was spot on in 4 out of 5 of them. I bought the 5th one with the slightly off drilling b/c it was the shape I wanted, still passed a cleaner and wasn't off by much. I bought it new for approx $90, and I would say it may be worth that, but probably not much more. Perhaps comparable to a Savinelli, but I suspect Savs would have a slight edge.

The fit and finish is good, shaping is well done, weight is good and the pipe smokes well...however the stem & button is super thick and leaves something to be desired. I find this also to be the case with Savinellis, however the Luciano is even thicker! Good quality acrylic though and a decent overall pipe. Honestly despite the thick button it is not uncomfortable and I still smoke it regularly. They are machine carved and hand finished or so I am told, and the finish on the ones I have seen was quite nice. The inside of the bowls are naked as far as I have seen, which is also a plus for some.

If you like one of 'em, those prices look good so I would say go for it. :cheers:

Heh. I've never heard of the brand! I looked over the ones on that page. They look comparable to the Mario Grandi pipe to my eyes.

Thank you, gents - great info! I'm going to keep an eye on these. I think I would like to try one.

If you are interested in a poker/cherrywood shape, don't mind the off-center drilling, and you happen to have some excess tobacco lying around, shoot me a pm and maybe we can talk trade.

Here is the only pic I could find of the Luciano...it is the bottom pipe in the pic, cherrywood shape:

I have been looking at them on the neatpipes.com site and SmokingPipes had some on their table at the TAPS Show and I was even more impressed with them in person. Great looking pipes for the money!