Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is ridiculous. With all the tobaccos in the world, surely one could find something that would satisfy that didn't cost $45 for a 100g tin.

But then again...I am really wondering just how good it is for someone to be willing to pay that much.

Hmm, Judd usually has the pulse of things pipe-wise. Doesn't look like he is getting any takers on this one though.

I like Heinrich"s better, gave my supply of Orlick's to Tim Hynick, resident pipe carver extraordinaire of the SHPC, Ken :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue:

I was gifted a tin of this a while back. Couldn't tell you how much tin time it had but man is it good stuff. I might have to fire some up when I get home...

DSK was a great tabak, but I've been able to fill the hole with Stonehaven. Not quite the same...but not quite the same price point today.

Buddy

It is a fine tobacco. I sure am glad I put a few tins of it back for safe keeping!

GUYS! Peter Heinrich's "Dark Strong" is exactly the same blend and it's still available! Just bought an 8 ozer from Watch City Cigar last week.

Danish_Pipe_Guy":z811tvi0 said:
GUYS! Peter Heinrich's "Dark Strong" is exactly the same blend and it's still available! Just bought an 8 ozer from Watch City Cigar last week.
Hmmm I recall buying a tin but I can't quite remember how it was...from what I recall it's not "exactly the same" PH's is a broken flake while Orlik's was a nice two tone, almost bacon looking flake of stripes of dark and light brown.

The only reason I ever looked at that tin was to push it out of the way to find a something with Latakia in it. I guess there is no accounting for taste in myself either.

the macdonald":488yyu6g said:
The only reason I ever looked at that tin was to push it out of the way to find a something with Latakia in it. I guess there is no accounting for taste in myself either.
For a mere child of 35 you are a good and wise person!! :lol: :lol!: :cheers: FTRPLT

Well, like I said, I sure am glad I have a few tins of it put back for later! :D

ftrplt":lxeysj0y said:
the macdonald":lxeysj0y said:
For a mere child of 35 you are a good and wise person!! :lol: :lol!: :cheers: FTRPLT
Thank you sir, but in retrospect at that price I probably pushed aside $1000 of net profit by not buying those tins (if I had enough self control to not crack every tin I ever bought) on my way to grab yet another tin of Ol Ironside.

Gentlemen, I am smoking a nice bowl of Orlik DSK right now as I type this (in an Altinok meer). Thankfully I still have the better part of an 8 oz mason jar left. It is as good as I remembered it. Maybe better.

-Andrew