OTC Triple Play

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwelveAMnTX

Reaction score
Okay, I just couldn't decide what I wanted to smoke. I have been trying some OTC's to see what I like, since I'm new to the art of pipe smoking. I was thinking CH, no H&H, or maybe a bowl of SV black cav. I decided to try a mix of all of them, a 3 finger pinch each of CH & H&H rounding it out with a 2 finger pinch of SV black cav. I mixed it all up & packed my cob expecting that I'd probably have to dump it out. I don't know what to say except WOW! The fruity flavors are bouncing off the cocoa/vanilla & I can taste a little bourbon rounding it out. There are so many flavors just tickling my tastebuds, it's amazing. I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried this before. Is it just my newbie tastebuds tricking me or is this really a good mix? I thought I get y'all opinions.

Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. How's that for profound commentary? Seriously, I've tossed a lot of tobacco doing this in my early years. But it was cheap back then and I didn't care.

I guess what I meant to say was, has anyone tried blending these 3 OTC's together. I got the idea after reading somewhere that CH and 1/2 & 1/2 went good together in a 50/50 mix. That was what I was going to try, then thought WTH a small pinch of black cav couldn't hurt could it. I've seen different threads where others have mixed tobaccos to enhance the taste of things you like or cover those you don't like.
I have been exploring so many pages I can't seem to find it again. I have noticed since starting to smoke a pipe more than my cigs I am tasting the tobacco flavors more than I did before, even in the cigs themselves.
I had a couple drinks last night, so it might have been the alcohol, I'll have to try it again. Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July!

I've never mixed those blends but I'm always mixing other blends together. One of my favorites is a 50/50 mix of Trout Stream and McC 5100 RC. If you like a sweet tasting blend this is a must try mixture sure to please. :)

AJ

ajn27511":fdjf0iva said:
I've never mixed those blends but I'm always mixing other blends together. One of my favorites is a 50/50 mix of Trout Stream and McC 5100 RC. If you like a sweet tasting blend this is a must try mixture sure to please. :)

AJ
I might give that a go... I love red cake and it works with lots of others

Old Nate":6rcwsibr said:
I might give that a go... I love red cake and it works with lots of others
I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts about it after you give it a try. :)

AJ