Other Passion Hobbies Than Piping... Sharing

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow Puffs

Reaction score
With the loss of a few cherished friends in the piping field, I have tried to stretch my horizons.

Here is a partial list of my enjoyments as I approch 65 y.o:

1] Blue Grass Music - on Sirius Bluegrass Junction music, just so comforting and beautiful

2] Fantasy Hockey Commissioner - satisfies my competitive spirit :lol:

3] Whisky - I have a wonderful collection

4] Gardening - One thing I enjoy with wifie

5] Tobacco - I won't be buying anymore pipes but am filling in vacancies in my cellar as need arises

6] Politicals - Just casually...

7] Religion - Just Casually...

8] Baseball - Little, sense the the corruption of the Red Sox

9] Weather - prefer warmer but not hot

10] Bugging the ole farts :face: and PeeBee

:cheers:

There are others like:

Bugging PD :lol:

What would be in your top 10 list as you get older?

- I LOVE playing golf, though I can rarely afford the time or funds to play even with municipal courses. Tennis as well but can never find a partner.
- New age electronica music (enigma, liquid mind, etc...) and movie soundtracks. Listening to my music, while smoking my pipe.
- Reading, YouTubing, and watching lectures on Ancient History, Religion, Philosophy, Psychology, while smoking my pipe.
- I'm trying to get away from it but, I love MMORPG's, FPS, and RTS computer games. :geek:
- Playing with my daughter and watching her grow :cheers:

- Golfing (If you can call it that)

- Reading

- Collecting watches

- Refinishing furniture

- Driving my wife nutz :face:

* Work...I picked the wrong industry for being a workaholic.

* Cooking...I'm a hellcat bringin' the heat. No longer a pro, I do it for fun. Much better.

* Music...primarily synthesizers.

* Writing...yeah, that.

* Wannabe artist...when inspiration strikes! :lazy:

* Electrical engineering/repair...primarily synthesizers.

* Baseball...go Jints!

* Reading...you know, whatever. Books, if I'm lucky.

* BoB...giving pink sticks to PeeB :heart:, agreeing and arguing with my buddy Yak, trading middle fingers with Rob, :fpalm: 'ing at P'Diddy, and many more...bombing, engaging in tobacco/pipe subterfuge and espionage, chasing The Shadow...pouring through the endles PM'ed :lol: 's when I often show Monbla a picture of the south end of a northbound horse and trying to explain (in vain) it isn't a mirror. Good times. Good times. :mrgreen:

Kyle Weiss":qglpj8pc said:
* BoB...giving pink sticks to PeeB :heart:, agreeing and arguing with my buddy Yak, trading middle fingers with Rob, :fpalm: 'ing at P'Diddy, and many more...bombing, engaging in tobacco/pipe subterfuge and espionage, chasing The Shadow...pouring through the endles PM'ed :lol: 's when I often show Monbla a picture of the south end of a northbound horse and trying to explain (in vain) it isn't a mirror. Good times. Good times. :mrgreen:
Up yours, Kyle!
the_bird.gif

:lol:

Reading
Listening to music
Amateur radio
Watching hockey and baseball

Yeah! Up yours, Kyle!
the_bird.gif

I used to hunt and fish a lot. Had a nice collection of rods and guns. The combination of been-there-done-that and a serious lack of time and money to do it the way I like to (raising kids, round 2, takes up all my time and money) led me to give it up. Done the Baja trips for big pelagic fish, been bowhunting for elk. Shoot, I spent almost every available weekend doing it for years, and plenty of the weekdays too.

Now I like to play golf, though like the fishing, I find it hard to put together the time and money. Hope to spend much of my retirement being a regular on some simple little course somewhere.

I love good single malt, especially Islay whisky.

I like cycling and plan to do a lot more of it.

My other interests are watches, nice clothes, English leather shoes, cooking. I love good literature but am pretty selective, and of the opinion that the best authors are no longer with us. I tend to re-read the same books time after time.

I've been hyper focused on absolutely nothing lately.

It's actually quite nice.

Q Time w/family, friends & pets.
Traditional Archery.
Leatherwork.
Knife building, forging damascus & stock removal.
Reading.
Riding. Bikes & horses.
Hunting, shooting, quading & fly fishing when time allows.
BOB & pipin go hand in hand.

Right now, I'm into:

Photography
Re-reading all my old Michael Moorcock books
Psychedelic rock and jazz
Playing the Stylophone!
Ron Asheton

I love to play my guitar and mandolin. Still trying to pick up some bluegrass licks, but it's quite difficult. Also really enjoy riding my motorcycle and playing golf.

I would also like to get into traveling more. We just got back from a trip to Germany to visit my daughter, who is doing an internship to round out here college career. First time overseas and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Mike