Other Pipe Forums

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I found Sterling by googling American patriot. I'll try them, and also 4noggins for OLB.

I'm a member of several pipe forums. Now that web browsers have mulitple tabs for multiple sites to be open, I often have all of them up at the same time and try to keep up on topics that picque my interest. BoB is a forum I only recently discovered and while I don't post too often I do browse and lurk a bunch. It seems like the longer you're on the forums the less you have to say since the topics mostly recirculate and you fellas are pretty quick with good replies. It often leaves me with nothing new to add. I do like the nutty humor on BoB and the more relaxed atmosphere. The razzing reminds me of evenings spent at the local B&M smoking lounge except here I can lounge in my underwear. :shock:

I was a member of another forum that didn't have the relaxed atmosphere of BoB, until very recently. I just kept getting the feeling that the moderators were there to bully & threaten people (honestly, can it get more childish than threatening people for comments that you don't agree with?). Since leaving that site, I decided to quit lurking here, & become an active member.

I do find that BoB is much more laid back, the members nearly always self moderate, & there isn't any bluster or thread hijacking from the moderators. Plus I like that you have the restricted area to post, that way if someone just absolutely say something inflammatory, they can get it off their chest, without everyone coming down on them for it.

Wayne_Teipen":xfhxriwe said:
I do like the nutty humor on BoB and the more relaxed atmosphere. The razzing reminds me of evenings spent at the local B&M smoking lounge except here I can lounge in my underwear.
I couldn't agree more, The feeling about this forum is very relaxed, or at least that's how I find it. And the humor floating around is right up my alley, just the kind I use daily around my friends so it really does make me feel at home. Cheers to a great forum and community, you all deserve it!

I belong to several pipe forums and post on all of them. It's true the subject metter is usually the same on all of them but I still find it interesting. I did delete a couple off my list yesterday, one because the forum moderator runs the forum like a dictatorship and has driven off almost all his members. BoB is one of my favorites, I like the laid-back atmosphere here.

Smokey

I am in agreement that it has a lot to do what best fits one's personality. I was warned, lectured, and near kicked off another forum for demonstrating a brand of humor that is perfectly acceptable and pretty much the norm here. Because I don't care to toss grenades, I haven't posted there since. I'll remain here on the dark side. This forum is where I belong and where I shall stay.

jlong":fn0xhd8w said:
I am in agreement that it has a lot to do what best fits one's personality. I was warned, lectured, and near kicked off another forum for demonstrating a brand of humor that is perfectly acceptable and pretty much the norm here. Because I don't care to toss grenades, I haven't posted there since. I'll remain here on the dark side. This forum is where I belong and where I shall stay.
I should probably know where this via PM so I don't waste my time. 8)

I'm not a member of any other forum, but I do subscribe to the PipesMagazine.com blog on my kindle. I always enjoy reading it and until the other day I had never even been to there site. I had no idea they had a forum.