Other Posters

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
puros_bran said:
Because they are better than us, DUH!!!
That's a given, but I wanted to denigrate the collectors that are fleeing the pipe boards and their condescending attitude by opening a conversation, not stating the obvious.

puros-bran":jxzyjn5s said:
BOB isn't really a Pipe Forum.. It hasn't been in a long time.  And It's okay.
Pipe forums are crazy. You invite everybody to join and watch as the alphas try to run things, hackers destroy, spammers pester, trolls stir the pot, politics and religion causes long time friends to rage quit, codgers preach, condescension runs rampant, sniping at carvers, brands, and blenders becomes a mission, misinformation abounds, whining is a hobby, and membership turnover is faster than the wheels on a slot machine.

All this while trying to maintain a direction, remain flexible, keep the peace and weed out the wingnuts without gaining a reputation for heavy handed modding.

Characters come and go, the best forums have a core membership that looks beyond the smoke and uses the pipe as an excuse to form and share friendships.

puros_bran":qdnl43cr said:
BTW: Eff you and your scary avatar.
Ah, Bran. I see you are still the diplomat. How I've missed that while away. :cheers: 

I've been mostly on sabbatical myself. But it is good to see you post.

mark":5fsgqrzu said:
Characters come and go, the best forums have a core membership that looks beyond the smoke and uses the pipe as an excuse to form and share friendships.
This is pretty much it.

Pipe chat has a limited scope. Eventually it´s about the friends and familiar faces. Well, familiar avatars I meant.

Now eff alla youse... I gotta go clean aaall my Eltangs.

I hope posting your feelings here has helped ya get it outta ya system.
Most of the time if ya take time to calm down then vent rationally it can help.
I been in some heated discussions on some of these forums, but only once was it not worked out. I have to admit here that I didnt want to work that one out. Im not gonna air it here as it dont matter. Nothing said on one of these forums is a principle, ya neva gonna change their mind and you aint changin yours. It is what it is though. Different strokes for different folks.