Others like Mc 5100 Va

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MC

Reaction score
Love this tobacco, anything come in Tins that might be similar. Besides McCranies Red Ribbon. Been smoking pipes about 6 months and like to try lots of different tobaccos and Have become a true fan of Va's

Nothing quite like MC Virginia's. You can find some more variants at Georgetown Tobacco. Some are tinned and some not. "His Masters Choice" seemed to me to be an aged version of 5100.

I've heard that one of the Matured Va's series is supposed to be a tinned version but I don't recall which one, sorry. :cry: I'm looking for a bulk version of McC's Blackwoods Flake if it is available from anyone?

There are other red Va's worth trying though. Hal O the Wynd comes to mind.

I just read that some people think Mc 2035 is like Blackwoods Flake.

This is unique in that it begins as a very light blend of fine Eastern Belt Lemon leaf and cutter grade tobaccos which are transformed through pressure, aging and light stoving into beautiful dark pungent cake.

Blackwoods
The characteristic, natural sweetness of mellow, Red Virginias mingles inextricably with the richness and inherently spicy aroma of Black Stoved Virginias in this doubly aged red and black all-Virginia cake mixture. An artistic achievement in tobaccos for the pipe, this beautiful mottled flake is incomparable in smoothness, balance and refinement

These are the descriptions from t-reviews

MC":eyvamzgo said:
I just read that some people think Mc 2035 is like Blackwoods Flake.

This is unique in that it begins as a very light blend of fine Eastern Belt Lemon leaf and cutter grade tobaccos which are transformed through pressure, aging and light stoving into beautiful dark pungent cake.

Blackwoods
The characteristic, natural sweetness of mellow, Red Virginias mingles inextricably with the richness and inherently spicy aroma of Black Stoved Virginias in this doubly aged red and black all-Virginia cake mixture. An artistic achievement in tobaccos for the pipe, this beautiful mottled flake is incomparable in smoothness, balance and refinement

These are the descriptions from t-reviews
Thanks but 2035 IS NOT Blackwoods Flake. It is mostly RED va's with no Bright leaf. :p