Out of My Reach...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Burley

Reaction score
I'm afraid I'm in the canoe class of boater, but I love ships, ever since I dumped a guided tour of the Queen Mary in Long Beach and explored the behemoth myself, all the way down into the engine room.  Then I read The Only Way to Cross, which I highly recommend to others similarly seduced.  There's something romantic, maybe dangerous, and maybe eerie (can't think of a better word) about them.  But anything less than an ocean liner was crap to me.  Then I saw this.  Those Dodge boys were cool and tragic guys, for more reasons than one.  Any bidders among us?

http://www.ssdelphine.com/

Yes it will compliment my SS Minnow.

I love to cruise. I've been on a few.. But what I really want to do is catch a Europe to America cruise.... Or an around the world cruise.

Being a STEAM yacht, wouldn't it smoke a bit wet ? :twisted: :twisted:

Maybe if we all cut back on TAD and PAD and pooled our money....

Yeah I'm with you I just love those old steamers. Are you aware of the resurrection being done to an old Great Lakes passenger steamer called the Columbia? I sailed on it many times when I was a kid.

On facebook Columbia they're posting updates with lots of photos as they're going along. I believe the work is being done at a shipyard in Ohio.

If any of the well off brothers here gets it, I would presume there would be smoking allowed on all decks?

Thanks for posting, I'm getting in touch with my Yacht Broker as soon as I post this. lol

RobJ":da8gol6s said:
Are you aware of the resurrection being done to an old Great Lakes passenger steamer called the Columbia? I sailed on it many times when I was a kid.
I am now, thanks.  I also used to sail on one as a kid from Buffalo to Crystal Beach, wherever that was.  Think it was an amusement park.  Allegedly the boat failed a safety inspection once when, among other things, the life preservers sank when thrown into the water.  My favorite ship and current resurrection is the S.S. United States, currently rotting at a pier in Philadelphia.

https://www.facebook.com/SSUSC?ref=br_tf

DrT999":7hkrrmrx said:
If any of the well off brothers here gets it, I would presume there would be smoking allowed on all decks?
Encouraged, if not mandatory. I assume you've viewed the smoking room?
(I can't get the dang virtual tour to work. Plug-in problem, supposedly.)

flytyer":o05ha4mn said:
Thanks for posting, I'm getting in touch with my Yacht Broker as soon as I post this. lol
You and me both, man! lol. That's a feast-or-famine profession. I knew of one in Palm Beach who went five years without a sale. Then a seven-figure commi$$ion.

Ocean liner's are fine, I guess. But I think I'd rather take a trip on a Boeing Constellation or a Soviet TU 114. Speed and luxury combined which killed the ocean liner. :) Honestly though, I'd probably put my lot in with early commerical soviet airpower.

promenadedeck6.jpg

promenadedeck7.jpg

I'd buy it if I had the shillings, that smoking room is AWESOME. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: