Ow my bunker

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mejoshee

Reaction score
Tried to write this on the weekend, but my phone didn't like it so I sorta forgot yesterday.

Anyway, I received a pleasant surprise bombing from Jesse (GrampGrossbart, I believe?) which was a bag sample each of McC VA #27 & La Brumeuse Semois! I enjoyed the McC a lot yesterday afternoon, right up my alley.

The Semois is in the queue. I've had some recently, but decided not to buy any. But not because I don't like it; just too many others I have already in the cellar. I'll probably have it sometime later in the week in a tiny pipe :face: 

Thanks for the generosity Jesse!

Very kind of you Jesse, enjoy those samples in rude good health Josh, BoB spirit all the way.  :cheers: :sunny: :cheers: 

Hey hey hey, glad you enjoyed the McC! And yeah, that semois is something...not something for everyone, but definitely something! My way of thanking you for recommending I give the Ardbeg a second chance--my palate must have grown up since the first time I tried, because I love this 10 year, and will give the Uigeadail or Corryvreckan a whirl as soon as I can swing it--cheers!

GrampaGrossbart":m6ow3za4 said:
Hey hey hey, glad you enjoyed the McC! And yeah, that semois is something...not something for everyone, but definitely something! My way of thanking you for recommending I give the Ardbeg a second chance--my palate must have grown up since the first time I tried, because I love this 10 year, and will give the Uigeadail or Corryvreckan a whirl as soon as I can swing it--cheers!
Yes, I think Semois is slated for tomorrow evening as my end-of-week celebration!

Glad you enjoyed the Ardbeg! Fortunately, they are one of the bigger, more consistent producers so you should have no trouble getting some. Look out for Ardbeg Day if you can get some!

Again, really appreciate the generosity! :D