P&C Fusion Lab blends are up!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody else got involved with this? I kinda expected more of a hoopla....strike that...an outright hullabaloo in fact!

Sounds alright, kind of leery of the "cocoa"-- I don't like chocolate. I know, saying that, I'm a devil worshiper now. :lol: :evil:

...wish the timing was right to have them throw in a bit from my last P&C order!

I was leary of saying that as I was concerned the comment would be taken as "there's chocolate cav in there." There is not.

It's all tobacco taste, but when we exposed our friends to this combination of burly, VA, and cigar leaf, they felt it just created a slight note of that flavor. They all loved it and I can tell you that Jay is the biggest anti-aro flag waver I know.

We even like how this baccy looks in the bag...although I suppose that's a trivial thing...but I guess a parent is always proud of their child. :D

I'm not particularly anti-aro, I'm just really not into chocolate notes too much in tobacco. Aros can be okay in the right moment from the right maker. 8)

That said, when I'm ready for another round at P&C, I'll pick some up. 8) If it isn't my cup of tea, the next Brother is welcome to try it!

When I see you post about tobacco, I automatically assume it is about an aromatic, and I don't smoke aromatics. I read the blend's description just now and of course it's not an aromatic.

I hope sales are great!

alfredo_buscatti":rwskpvbe said:
When I see you post about tobacco, I automatically assume it is about an aromatic
While I do enjoy a quality aromatic no doubt, some of my favorite blends are VAs, burlies, a couple VaPers, and light lat blends which I've discussed a number of times during my tenure on the forum. A bunch of them are listed under my avatar. I'm not sure how I ended up with the label of aro-guy.

Now sure, I do enjoy my MM7, Essence of Vermont, and Berry Cobbler but I'm no one trick pony. There's very little I don't enjoy...it just depends on my mood.

About the only tobacco genre no goes for me are lakelands and heavy lat blends that aren't properly tamed by other elements in the smoke.

It's completely beyond me what some folks have against aros. Even cigarstorejay...he won't give me a reason, he just pipes out something like "heresy!." There must be food products you enjoy, and if so, why not enjoy it in a smoke? Saves calories. :p

That's okay, for a while I was the guy that hated every tobacco I tried. :lol: Go figure.

Kyle Weiss":d107z2el said:
That's okay, for a while I was the guy that hated every tobacco I tried. :lol: Go figure.
Well but see, here's the problem with my rep. John Patton probably cringes every time I endorse Storm Front. Crap, Strom Crow has my back...and now sales are down 20%...

Worth a try here. I've tried a few chocolate aros and they all taste the same. Chemically cavendish aro with barely a hint of chocolate if any. The meaty burly taste you describe is what I get with Prince Albert and I like it. You say hints of cocoa? Well then this may just be what I need.

Storm_Crow":qwa5dc0v said:
Well but see, here's the problem with my rep. John Patton probably cringes every time I endorse Storm Front. Crap, Strom Crow has my back...and now sales are down 20%...
...bullocks. :lol: You give yourself FAR too much credit. We just need to rally around the Stormfront more often, and people (yeah, you lurkers, we know you're there) just need to wise up and try things themselves for once and see for themselves. 8)

I guess I have an advantage being the generic "hater." :lol: No one will take me seriously. 8) "Does that guy even smoke a pipe? Why would he bother? Self-torture?" :lol!:

Kyle Weiss said:
Storm_Crow":l8li6y3y said:
We just need to rally around the Stormfront more often
What amazes me about the blend is its tastiness relative to its simplicity. While blending I often caught myself trying to pile in half a dozen element into a baccy and "keep it simple stupid" is probably a good rallying cry for blending.

jlong":l8li6y3y said:
Worth a try here. I've tried a few chocolate aros and they all taste the same. Chemically cavendish aro with barely a hint of chocolate if any. The meaty burly taste you describe is what I get with Prince Albert and I like it. You say hints of cocoa? Well then this may just be what I need.
Well again, I never want to be accused of false advertising :p There's no actual cocoa flavored baccy in it...my friends and I just feel that the combined baccys lend a slight flavor of that.

Hey Storm - this works out perfect since a.) I'm currently on a cigar leaf toby kick and b) I need to try some Stogie anyway so the order can just expand a bit to include yours

On a side note that I've recently tried Trout Stream and I'm with you, that stuff is great! :D

Storm_Crow said:
Kyle Weiss":j34piyu2 said:
Storm_Crow":j34piyu2 said:
We just need to rally around the Stormfront more often
What amazes me about the blend is its tastiness relative to its simplicity. While blending I often caught myself trying to pile in half a dozen element into a baccy and "keep it simple stupid" is probably a good rallying cry for blending.

jlong":j34piyu2 said:
Well again, I never want to be accused of false advertising :p There's no actual cocoa flavored baccy in it...my friends and I just feel that the combined baccys lend a slight flavor of that.
Of course, my sherlock holmes inspired friend, that is what I was thinking as we sat down to work up some blends. I'm all about the K.I.S.S. mantra. This is a very simple blend that I hit on almost matter of factly.

The combination of the tobaccos lends the slight( SLIGHT :lol: ) cocoa note. As Stormcrow said earlier. I am not an aromatic fan. Don't hate them, just don't prefer them.

This is really an homage to Jon Patton, too. Stormfront is a tobacco I buy, or trade for, by the pound. It is my favorite. I was just trying to make something in that vein. While Connecticut Yankee isn't close to that level, I hope those of us that enjoy Burley as well as cigarleaf will enjoy this blend.

A BIG thanks :cheers: to those of you who might include it in your next P and C purchase. I appreciate it as does Stormcrow. I think, for us, the whole blending thing was a great chance to get some ideas out there into the tobacco universe. It was a lot of laughs, and grimaces, as we sat around and made blend after blend to try.

We have developed a better appreciation for how hard it is to get a good blend together.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Jay

Well that's OK. Always tossing an ounce of this and that in my order if sounds interesting. If it don't turn my crank, that's OK too. It's part of the trying out process. I like an aro or two in my rotation.

Pulled the proverbial trigger on a couple ounces of ConYan today..added some Blacwoods Flake and some LJ Heart Burley to round out the order...I'm pretty pumped to get it in and try it!

All are new tobys to me so this will be fun!!

mike_68":w2lgocmm said:
Pulled the proverbial trigger on a couple ounces of ConYan today..added some Blacwoods Flake and some LJ Heart Burley to round out the order...I'm pretty pumped to get it in and try it!

All are new tobys to me so this will be fun!!
Thanks Mike! I hope you like it. Please feel free to PM me with your thoughts or suggestions on the Connecticut Yankee. Storm Crow and I are proud of it. I'm enjoying a bowl of it now. :lol: