P&C tobacco of the month club

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only reason I wouldn't get in on something like this is that there's no control over what you get. I mean, I get that the point is to try new things and to get a wide variety, but if you absolutely don't enjoy something (maybe you can't stand ANY aromatics, you red VA gives you tongue bite, or latakia makes you miserable), it'd be a shame to see those blends show up in your mailbox each month.

If they let you give one or two categories of tobacco you liked, it might be more appealing.

So you might check VaBur and Balkan - that way you don't get VaPers or Aromatics.

Actually it would be a way to load up on ammo to bomb brothers with at an attractive price. Just saying.

Jim

huffelpuff":7nkdlymy said:
Actually it would be a way to load up on ammo to bomb brothers with at an attractive price. Just saying.

Jim
I agree, and for a flat 20.00 bucks after the first month this is actually a nice deal. The thing that I enjoy about deals like this is getting something that you'd never buy for yourself and finding out that you like it. Let's face it, how many of us have missed out on blends that "we" might enjoy based on preconceived notions, or taking into account what others think.

I am on a bit of a limited budget with tobacco this year. I might sign up, plus as Jim mentioned it gives me bomb fodder.  :twisted: 

They don't list a weight/amount. That alone gives me pause.

Also the statement "three national brands". That could very well mean mainstream goopy aros from Lane or Altadis. At least that's how I look at it.

Not to be a downer, but these 'X" of the month clubs have pretty much been geared to beginners. And if they can hook you in on their brands that they get the most return on, then that's the game.

Ya, I'm cynical. But that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

zombi.gif

Cheers?

RR

It is going to be two 50 g tins, a 1.5 oz pouch of something, 2 oz of Russ's flavor of the month, and a Chinese cob. It might be interesting to hear what people get.

Brewdude":xdqs7o52 said:
They don't list a weight/amount. That alone gives me pause.

Also the statement "three national brands". That could very well mean mainstream goopy aros from Lane or Altadis. At least that's how I look at it.

Not to be a downer, but these 'X" of the month clubs have pretty much been geared to beginners. And if they can hook you in on their brands that they get the most return on, then that's the game.

Ya, I'm cynical. But that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

zombi.gif

Cheers?

RR
I'm afraid I'm in your camp.....just not that lucky to get winners even 50% of the time.  Chinese cobs?  Really?  

That just don't sound right.

Fr_Tom":skzh3s8b said:
It is going to be two 50 g tins, a 1.5 oz pouch of something, 2 oz of Russ's flavor of the month, and a Chinese cob.[/b] It might be interesting to hear what people get.
Where did you get that from Padre? It doesn't seem to be in the link I clicked.

:?: 

Cheers,

RR

That was my prophetic voice. I claim the tins are not going to be 100 g tins, and the bulk is going to be the Yule Log or whatever the blend of the month is. I know when you get the free cob with 4 oz of the blend o' the month, that cob is a Chinese one.

The description is "2 tins, 1 pouch, 2 oz of bulk and a corn cob pipe."

Fr_Tom":ebxqdbtx said:
That was my prophetic voice. I claim the tins are not going to be 100 g tins, and the bulk is going to be the Yule Log or whatever the blend of the month is. I know when you get the free cob with 4 oz of the blend o' the month, that cob is a Chinese one.

The description is "2 tins, 1 pouch, 2 oz of bulk and a corn cob pipe."
OK, but that doesn't seem to be listed in this link-

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/samplers/club/

Cheers,

RR

I like to pick out my own choices.

This type of promotion has been around in the various "cigar clubs of the month" for years, and those never appealed to me either.

DrumsAndBeer":2xiqmhgn said:
So I signed up, just to check it out. I'll be sure to post what I get.
When can their glory fade?
O the wild charge they made!
All the world wonder'd.
Honour the charge they made!
Honour the Light Brigade,
Noble six hundred!

gravel":8bqxs7i0 said:
When can their glory fade?
O the wild charge they made!
All the world wonder'd.
Honour the charge they made!
Honour the Light Brigade,
Noble six hundred!
Yeah I'll take the bullet for you guys on this one. I am still trying to find the fine print about the three national brands, 50g tins, and Chinese Cob.

I'm reading this as the "Overstocks and leftovers we can't sell of the month club"

Hopefully, it will be good stuff but given the way they are running their business lately I don't have high hopes.