P-Lip or Fish Tail

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 3 P-lip pipes and they don't get much action. Honestly I don't like em. I might be in the minority here, but I find that they completely alter the smoking experience, a bit of a firmer draw yes but the redirection of the smoke does not work for me. I have 2 Pete's with Fishtails and they are both marvelous.

I don't like P-lips personally. That doesn't mean they're bad though.

The only two I had with the P-lip I sent to George Dibos for fishtail stems. The one I still have is one of my favorite pipes.

If I ever buy another new Peterson, I'll definitely choose a fishtail.

12 Petes, 11 p-lips. I would have a p-lip on the 12th if one had been available when I bought it. Petersons just don't look right without a p-lip. My one complaint is my Millemium Dublin has a very thick p-lip stem and is not the most comfortable pipe in the collection for going hands-free. Too bad it's not the one with the fishtail :| .

I have one P-lip. I have to say that I didn't like it at first, but it has grown on me.

I read somewhere earlier in the thread that one individual like the P-lip when his tongue needs a rest. I have to say that is the role it has taken up in my rotation. If I am on a spicy tobacco kick and the old tongue need a breather, out comes the old P-lip.

I love my Petes. I would prefer that they all had fishtail bits, but I'll take a P-Lip if necessary (haven't found a Deluxe System pipe with out one yet). I just find them awkward. Seems much easier to burn the roof of your mouth than your tongue, but maybe I'm just weird.

I smoke just about all my lakelands in a saddle bit 150 with a P-Lip.

You know what?

I love Peterson pipes, too! :cheers: That's about where it stands overall.

8)