Pac NW guys check in

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some of the greater Seattle area got hammered by a rare summer windstorm yesterday. Many areas without power. My Cousin in the Edmonds area lost power for 28 hrs as an example.

How are the rest of you coping - RobJ, SmokinginSeattle, and others?

For me it was not much of an event. Lights flickered, lost power for less than a minute. Winds not very significant.

:shock:

Cheers,

RR

The trees tell me that more unexpected weather is due there soon. Hold onto your hats out there PNW people!

I have daughters in Poulsbo and Gig Harbor. They got wet, that's about it.

Hey Rande, happy to know you got away unscathed. For the most part we did too. A few flickers on Saturday morning with lots of branches down but thankfully none of my trees came down, though there were more than a few in the neighborhood. My son lost power for about 12 hours in Lake Stevens, so he and his girl came down to spend Saturday evening with us. Sunday was spent cleaning up tree debris.

We dodged a bullet I recon, but the normal windstorms don't usually come around until November so we may not be so lucky then.

Good to see you are OK Rob. Looks like most of the wind was confined to the inner Puget Sound coastal areas, with the North Sound including Snohomish and Skagit counties most affected. And Gig Harbor also had a fatality!

Yesterday evening there were still more than 100K folks without power, and some wouldn't get it back until Tue. 

Very unusual for this time of year.

Cheers,

RR

edit to add: Local news says there are still 2300 folks in the dark in Snohomish, in the Lake Forest Park area. That's where a friend of mine lives!

Edit #2, now the news says there are 45K still in the dark!

I heard on the radio this morning that there are still folks in Skagit County without power, the main hold up seems to be access but as roads are cleared PSE has been working to restore service.

I have a small weekend place about 30 minutes east of Bellingham just off the Mt. Baker Highway, I'm really hoping to find everything's ok when we head there on Friday.

RobJ":2i61yeqw said:
I heard on the radio this morning that there are still folks in Skagit County without power, the main hold up seems to be access but as roads are cleared PSE has been working to restore service.

I have a small weekend place about 30 minutes east of Bellingham just off the Mt. Baker Highway, I'm really hoping to find everything's ok when we head there on Friday.
Best of wishes! I hope all is well at your weekend place.

I hope so. Maybe Brother SkagitSmoke will happen a long and comment. I think the brunt of the storm was well south of Bellingham but I could be wrong.

Storm Update