PAD - Grig

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 2027

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
It has been a long time for me to have a PAD event.  I was going to drop some coin on more tobac for the cellar and this opportunity happened. The buddy that shares some of his 30 year old tobac with me got back from a trip to Russia and brought back some pipes to the local B&M.  Really nice stuff.  This one i fell in love with and the pipe maker, Grig, does not have an online presence.   It smokes like a dream and light as a feather.

jKeqxzS.jpg" style="width: 349px;height: 161px

Nice pipe! Pretty cool to find a handmade pipe with a story behind it!

Great looking pipe. Sounds like its exceeded your expectations.

I just recently heard of this maker. They have a very nice selection of Grig pipes currently at pipeshop.ru, all at a very good price point. May have to look into picking one up someday.

Sweet smoke.

BB

I think my B&M may start carrying the line. Let me know if you are interested and I can check with them. Shipping has to be a lot less in the States vs Russia

Found more information on him. His name is Andrey Grigoriev.

Andrey Grigoriev was born in Saint-Petersburg in 1982. He started making pipes in 2004 as a hobby, while he was working as a professional engineer.
In 2006 he met Viktor Yashtylov, russian hi-grade pipe carver and became his pupil. In 2010 he continued his education in Viktor's workshop as an apprentice, working with him hand by hand, learning the secrets of pipecarving, adopting his methods and training the style. With the help of the great master he became a professional pipe maker and under Viktor's supervision he started to carve his own quality pipes. Andrey Grigoriev lives in Saint-Petersburg, Russia.

Instagram account https://www.instagram.com/andreygrigoriev_pipes/

Ah. I actually know Andrey. Ive spoken to him several times. I wasn't aware he was making pipes under the Grig name. These must be more of a higher production, affordable line. I have talking to him about working on a high grade, smooth for me. :lol:

His high grades are amazing, and IMO priced reasonable for what you get. Sounds like these might also be a good choice too. :cheers:

The web site has a great pipe, the slim bulldog on the second row in the middle. Me likey.