Painnting of farmer?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldbear58

Reaction score
I have asked this question before, but hope that eventually someone might recognize this and be able to help me.

There is a painting of a colonial farmer reclining on a porch railing smoking a pipe, probably a long stemmed clay pipe that I cannot re-locate.

It may have been used in an ad, perhaps in a cigar and pipe smoking catalog. It probably is a recent painting.

Has anyone seen this or anything similar?

Oldbear

Dunno.  You tried Google images?  I came up with this in about two seconds:

coloni10.jpg
" />

I'll be even less help than Richard, but I know how looking for something like that can drive a man crazy, so I feel for ya Oldbear.  Googling "colonial farmer porch"  sure produces a lot of pictures of houses   :roll:
Can you rember anything about the style?  What makes you think colonial?
I did find this though by adding pipe smoker to colonial farmer porch (go figure). It made me laugh
02-725.jpg

I have Googled this many times and can't find the painting. It is a very well done modern style probably acrylic of a colonial farmer, reclining on a porch railing smoking a long stemed clay pipe.

This is the image I imagine myself while smoking (OK, there, I've outed myself!)

Oldbear