Panama Hats- Your Favorite maker

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWT

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new panama. I've been looking at the Brent Black website.  Nice, but quite expensive. Any experiences or recommendations are welcome.

Brent Black is VERY expensive. Try Robert Weber . I've bought Panamas from him for 10 years now. He goes to Ecuador yearly and gets his hats directly from the weavers themselves.  :twisted: :twisted:

http://www.panamas.biz/index.html

Wow. I thought pipes were expensive. The last straw hat I bought was on sale at Walmart in El Paso. Served me well.

That was probably paper. But if they're expensive I don't see buying them multiple times in 10 years.

I've a Montecristi that was my father's from the '50s. I've bought all of mine ( I have 10 Montecristi's, 5 Cuenca's ) over the past 10 years. I've not had to replace any over this time. Try not to get them wet and with care they can last decades. The better quality ones such as Montecrist's will hold a crease and blocking better and will last longer. It's the same as buying a pipe, the better quality you can buy the longer it will serve you !! :twisted: And price DOES NOT indicate quality ! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: