Parings of Pipes, Tobacco & Whisky

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N7COF

Reaction score
The videos that were in this post are no longer after YT channel got hacked & hard drive crash.

Interesting!
I found that when drinking Scotch I have a craving for Squadron Leader.

I tend to stick with beer and wine when pairing alcohol with tobacco. IMO hard liquor tends to overpower pipe tobacco and is generally reserved for cigar pairing. Here are some of my fave pairings.

Pipeworks & Wilke 10 & Monk's Cafe Flemish Sour - the wonderful mix
of orientals in #10 compliment the sweet and sour/vinegary notes in
the Flemish sour. Both are also light in body and flavor!

McClelland #27 & Dogfish Head 90 min IPA - the tanginess of #27 works
extremely well with the hoppy 90 min IP. There is also a slight
malt backbone in the finish with the 90 min that compliments
the slightly sweet finish of #27. A good summertime pairing!

HH Vintage Syrian & Taylor Fladgate 20 yr - this is a match made in
heaven! Smokiness, sweetness, and complex flavors meld together
and play off one another. JW Lees Harvest Ale (Port Cask Aged) alsp works
wonderfully.

GLP Abingdon & Stone Imperial Russian Stout - a stout tobacco meets
a stout beer. This is a nice combo to enjoy on a cold winter's night!

Hope you enjoy and try these recommendations. This is a topic that should be explored more in depth. Cigar/spirits pairings are quite common on the Internet, but pipe tobacco pairings have not yet been researched to their capacity!

-Scott

Friend and I while wasting a perfectly good afternoon doing a cigar lounge crawl discovered what is a pipesmokers nirvana, well at least for us 8)

I had a tin of Escudo I had just grabbed out of the cellar & he had a flask of Johnnie Walker Blue Label.

While not a big fan of blue label when its paired with Escudo it is such an amazing pairing it will make your panties sticky.

N7COF":76tx7mnp said:
Friend and I while wasting a perfectly good afternoon doing a cigar lounge crawl discovered what is a pipesmokers nirvana, well at least for us 8)

I had a tin of Escudo I had just grabbed out of the cellar & he had a flask of Johnnie Walker Blue Label.

While not a big fan of blue label when its paired with Escudo it is such an amazing pairing it will make your ]b]panties sticky[/b].

You have other problems that need attention :lol:

gonefishing":bsbw4vh2 said:
N7COF":bsbw4vh2 said:

While not a big fan of blue label when its paired with Escudo it is such an amazing pairing it will make your ]b]panties sticky[/b].

You have other problems that need attention :lol:
LOL wonder how long before a fellow of the briar would comment on that, really just an expression of twisted bliss.

When smoking Peterson’s Irish Flake, I often enjoy it with a glass of red (Nero D’Avola from Sicily).

Tennessee Dave":9fn6j16y said:
I love Haddo's Delight and Highland Park 18. Just seems to be one of those ethereal matches. :bounce:
Nice choice, Highland Park 18 is one of my top favourite whiskies. :cheers:

maybe i am just a Kentucky boy...but i find Makers Mark goes well with every pipe i smoke :face:

I really thought I had something to add here, but I like to drink and I like to smoke. Putting them together just makes sense.

I will say a potent latakia bomb with a firey cognac like Kelt VSOP is nearly sensory overload.