Park Lane Tobacconist Red Paramour.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herbinedave

Reaction score
I just revisited this fine offering after going a year without smoking any. I have some jarred, but smoked the new batch I got in an order this week.

I forget the poor sweetness and slight peppery taste this VAPer has.The further down the bowl you went the sweeter it got. I would highly recommend this tobacco and it is one to put on your try list.

I believe I may even have to clean some pipes and make them VAPer ones. This will be seen, but I feel as if I have been missing out by not smoking this blend.

I'll be up at Park Lane on Monday evening, I'll have grab a few ounces (I also love their P11-01).
Any locals up for a smoke that evening?

Interestin' name.  I assume the "Red" refers to virginia tobaccos in the blend.  Yet the first thing that popped into my mind was "Commie Lover," perhaps a 1940s movie title or something.  Onward with the morning.  :evil:

Here are the different tobaccos in the blend:

An all Virginia blend comprised of Red Virginia ribbon, Gold flake, red and black matured Virginia cake tobaccos, enhanced with the slight addition of Perique and a scented Virginia flake. For the lover of straight Virginia blends, a smooth and naturally sweet mixture!

I have tried it a few times thru trades and it was very good. But I live in New York state and if I order it from them I have to pay the 80% NY tobacco tax I think it may be 86%. But for anybody that has a chance to try it or buy I would recommend you give it a go.

nate560":fipgwjpe said:
I have tried it a few times thru trades and it was very good. But I live in New York state and if I order it from them I have to pay the 80% NY tobacco tax I think it may be 86%. But for anybody that has a chance to try it or buy I would recommend you give it a go.
I don't think it is 80% in the store, when buying bulk blends, right? (tins are taxed at the high rate)

riff raff":ffcr9ijl said:
nate560":ffcr9ijl said:
I don't think it is 80% in the store, when buying bulk blends, right? (tins are taxed at the high rate)
Don't hold me to this but I thought a saw post from Habana Supreme on FB saying they repealed that and the tax is now set at 25% for New York residents.

nate560 said:
,,, I live in New York state and if I order it from them I have to pay the 80% NY tobacco tax,,,
(Per NYS tax code)
"New York State also imposes an excise tax on tobacco products at the following rates:
•75% of the wholesale price on cigars and tobacco products (other than little cigars and snuff)"

ANY tobacco ( bulk or packaged) purchased anywhere in the state.

That's the #1 reason it's not in my cellar.

I've heard nothing but good things about it but I won't give New Pork State a penny I don't have to.

Morning all I just checked with Park Lane and anything shipped in NY state has to pay 7% sales tax and 75% tobacco tax. They said it adds about 6$ to every 10$ you spend. That's a killer but what can you do. If anyone has extra and would like to work out a trade let me know. I have a well stocked cellar there are pictures in the Tobacco Cellars and Smoking Rooms from 2010 or 2011 page 3 I think. So take a look and if your up for a trade let me know.

I bought 2 oz of P11-012 (old Dunhill English mixture) the other night - $10.50. The 75% tax does apply to the bulk blends and is built in to their posted per-ounce price. $10 for a tin of tobacco is about average, so that doesn't bother me. I had a great evening for my $10 cost. They usually have some chatty customers, so that is always fun. They are building a much larger lounge and it is set to open in May.

Just tried this for the first time today, and have to say it was fine. Mighty fine indeed! Reminds me of McC 5100 Red Cake, but with less sweetness. Plus some other thing going on. Sort of a pepper character.

Had it in my estate Hardcastle Old Bruyere Giant 'dog, and the large bowl burned well for at least an hr. The sample I got was on the dry side, which is the way I prefer it these days. Is this the way it comes?

All said, I can see getting some of this in. I really enjoy red 'ginnies and this is a fine contender for the style.

Also got a sample of Connoisseurs Flake, which I'll be sparking up soon. Have high hopes for this weed as well.

:geek: 

Cheers,

RR