Parker Baccyflap

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herbinedave

Reaction score
I have been on the hunt for one of these for many years.  This little piece of bakelite is not the easiest pipe collectible to come across.  I found this one on eprey last week at a very reasonable price and did the BIN.  I waited for the package to see if I did alright and lo and behold I did!

Got tired of getting out bid on these myself and when I quit checking regularly sure as sh!! you miss out.

Upside at least it went to a Brother. Congrats on a fine purchase Dave.:cheers:

I was extremely lucky as I saw this listing as soon as it was posted. I didn't even think about it. I just did the BIN and waited for it to be in my hands.

Sounds like a great move, Dave.

Hey this is an item no longer produced. Again, a great score so WTG ;) 

I was bidding on one at the bay but alas, I was outbid. Congratulations.

Has anyone seen these?
Beautiful Briar copies/reproductions, a bit expensive but, no more then a good pipe with the same amount of wood.  
BaccyFlap

Anthony Harris makes those. He is probably the most talented wood turner I've ever seen. I'd rather have one of his versions than the real deal.

Ocelot55":y5bxo5tl said:
Anthony Harris makes those. He is probably the most talented wood turner I've ever seen. I'd rather have one of his versions than the real deal.
I agree sir, there just beautiful!

Cartaphilus":ciskxuhu said:
Has anyone seen these?
Beautiful Briar copies/reproductions, a bit expensive but, no more then a good pipe with the same amount of wood.  
BaccyFlap
Nice looking pieces of work. I could not find a price listed and you stated they are a bit expensive, so how much are they?

monbla256":bexkc7k6 said:
Cartaphilus":bexkc7k6 said:
Has anyone seen these?
BaccyFlap
Nice looking pieces of work. I could not find a price listed and you stated they are a bit expensive, so how much are they?
Look just under the 1st photo, it's $175 although I'd contact him to verify it.

Cartaphilus":pdtfu2h9 said:
monbla256":pdtfu2h9 said:
Cartaphilus":pdtfu2h9 said:
Has anyone seen these?
BaccyFlap
A bit more than I would have available but I'm sure they are well worth his price. Oh well  :cry: 

monbla256":qeriuh5g said:
Cartaphilus":qeriuh5g said:
monbla256":qeriuh5g said:
Cartaphilus":qeriuh5g said:
Has anyone seen these?
BaccyFlap
A bit more than I would have available  but I'm sure they are well worth his price. Oh well  :cry: 
Understood, now if they were about $65 maybe $75 I might go for one.
But, lets face it, I really haven't a use for one since I do no traveling of any sort.

Even though the briar ones are nice, I believe I will stick with my nice bakelite one I paid $27.00 for!

herbinedave":h4ncwdnk said:
Even though the briar ones are nice, I believe I will stick with my nice bakelite one I paid $27.00 for!
You certainly stole I mean got a good deal on that one considering as low as I've seen is $50 for one. Congratulations sir!  :cheers:

In all honesty when I bought mine, baccyflap was spelled wrong and it was the middle of the week. It was a BIN and I was the first guy to see it, I assume.

Nice haul! I've always wondered why they call it a Baccy flap, though. It's more like a container, no flap anywhere!  :lol!:

herbinedave":4mspr248 said:
In all honesty when I bought mine, baccyflap was spelled wrong and it was the middle of the week.  It was a BIN and I was the first guy to see it, I assume.
That's the way ya find the deals sir! :D