Passing on the tradition

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmntd_1

Reaction score
My stepson turned eighteen and graduated from high school this year. I learned in conversation with the wife, ROTC required that he start shaving, so he got a can of gel and a bag of use and toss razors and has begun teaching himself to shave.

In my opinion, no young man should start what will likely become a lifetime morning ritual, with can of goop and plastic handled razor in hand.

Knowing Steven is very uncomfortable with the idea of shaving with a straight razor, I got him a Merkur "Barber Pole" safety razor, silvertip brush, stand, shaving bowl, soap the works. He’ll get this shaving kit when he comes to stay with us this summer, and I’ll teach him to shave as my father taught me. He may continue using it once he’s left, or not, that’s up to him, but he’ll have the tools that could last a life time, the knowledge of how to use them and the option to do so.

Good for you!! You're on the leading edge!! One of latest financial mags had an article on saving money. For men, ditch those expensive 5-bladed wonders and buy a DE razor (Merkur recommended in the article), blades, and soap!! Save $$ and get a better shave. Your stepson will thank you for all this!!!! :cheers: FTRPLT