Paylesspipes.com in New Orleans

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bentbulldog

Reaction score
I'm planning on making a pipe purchase and they're the only place in the USA that has the pipe I'm interested in. Has anyone used them before? Are they reliable? Is there a bob members discount?

Thanks

I have no clue what they may have that no one else has ... Out of curiosity care to share?

I can't put a guarantee on their service but in all my years of being on pipe forums I don't recollect anyone posting about them in a negative manner...

As to a discount: I'm unaware of anyone that gives BoB a discount.

They have a rattrays pipe that I fell for and saved up this month's pipe allowance for it. The only other place that has it is smoke king in the UK and I'm not too keen on ordering from overseas

Have you tried Cup O Joes? They have a wide selection of Rattray pipes. Plus they have excellent street cred.

Ocelot55":4u0g9dyj said:
Have you tried Cup O Joes? They have a wide selection of Rattray pipes. Plus they have excellent street cred.
I did and found it interesting that while they have the pipe, it looks very different and not in the way I prefer. :|

Marscigars sells Rattray pipe also bit the selection is usually very limited.

Paylesspipes is fine.

I met the owner while working in New Orleans last fall.

puros_bran":qi93fgj4 said:
As to a discount: I'm unaware of anyone that gives BoB a discount.
4Noggins gives a 10% discount. JUst put bob in the coupon code field of the shopping cart.

Alfredo worked that out last fall or winter.

alfredo_buscatti":2viiccfq said:
I find CupOJoes prices steep. They've been 30-40% higher than other online vendors.
Meh, I find them pretty competitive. I find that smokingpipes.com is usually the most expensive, but I understand that there is an extra cost involved in photographing each pipe, which is worth it in a lot of cases. Cup O Joes has done price match for me in the past, plus they're putting together a large custom order of Peterson pipes for me with very little hassle involved. I get my product usually within two days of purchase too.

BD, I would call Cup O Joes and ask them how many of that model of Rattray pipe they have in stock. I'm assuming that they have several on hand. Maybe they could send you pictures of each one?

Living in NY also puts me in the 8.75% sales tax bracket. Which for that kind of pipe, makes it an extra $10, which isn't so bad I guess. I find it harder to buy from my B&M. I'd love to support their establishment but the markups plus tax can really take its toll.

Payless is a good business. I copped 6 tins of 1792 from them for $50.00 Christmas before last. No problems at all.

I have ordered tobacco from them in the past and everything was just fine.

I have bought from Paylesspipes a couple of times and all went very smoothly both times. Unfortunately, I didn't know about the 10% discount for bob. That would have covered the shipping costs nicely.

Wet Dottle":6ays31nb said:
I have bought from Paylesspipes a couple of times and all went very smoothly both times. Unfortunately, I didn't know about the 10% discount for bob. That would have covered the shipping costs nicely.
The 10% is at 4 Noggins, not payless pipes just to be clear.

Slide":65f1dzfq said:
Wet Dottle":65f1dzfq said:
The 10% is at 4 Noggins, not payless pipes just to be clear.
Oh! :oops: