Pease Pilgrimage

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maiser

Reaction score
For those of you who hate the lack of consistent, scientifically tested (as scientific as it gets, I guess) reviews on tobaccoreviews.com, this guy is on a "Pease Pilgrimage" to taste every single GL Pease blend, and his reviews are great. Whenever I want info about a Pease blend, the first thing I do is check to see if he has reviewed it.

http://tobaccoreviews.com/reviewer_detail.cfm?UID=5242

Sounded good, so I clicked your link.

The first one I checked (Best Brown Flake), to see where his head was at, has 148 reviews to wade through (at the rate of 20 per page) looking for his.

Meh . . . :x

:face:

I was checking the reviewer Quantumboy, and I was looking for coincidences with my rankings. Just yesterday I had Haddos Delight and I didnt like either. I would have given it one star but Quantumboy gave it two stars. So, I read the detail of the review and I found that it in reality we didnt agree much in the concepts. I thought Haddos was mostly perique and it shouldn be smoked straight but it should be blended with other tobaccos. HD was too strong for me but I liked somehow the aromatics in it. If you read Quantumboys review, he states exactly the contrary. He liked the perique but didnt like the aromatics. So, I guess tastes are very subjective.

Maiser, thanks for the suggestion. It is good to check other s people opinions.

Yak,

Are you familiar with the advanced search feature on TR (on the top right of the page)? That should ease your "meh" factor by using the "by this user:" feature.

Jim

Yak":1ibuawvr said:
Sounded good, so I clicked your link.

The first one I checked (Best Brown Flake), to see where his head was at, has 148 reviews to wade through (at the rate of 20 per page) looking for his.

Meh . . . :x

Hey yak,

You could hit "Control F" to do a page search of the word "quantumboy", i'm sure it would be a lot easier.

I dunno. Quantumboy... chances are, he's on a different level than I am.

Hey yak,

You could hit "Control F" to do a page search of the word "quantumboy", i'm sure it would be a lot easier.[/quote]

Well, I learned something new that will make using computers easier. I know there are lots of other shortcuts I know nothing about.

Thanks Maiser.

Thank You, Gents. One & all.

Did that. Clicked on his Reviews tab, found and read his take on Embarcadero that way.

Then went back. Scrolled down his "Reviewed" list and clicked on Best Brown Flake. Nada. Phrase (Quantumboy) not found.

Then backed up again and clicked on Full Virginia Flake (also on his Reviewed list). Phrase not found.

???

Yeah, he's a cool guy. I think it's a smart thing to do pilgrimages like that when you find a company that you like.

I'm wanting to do one with McClelland or C&D (wouldn't THAT be a challenge?).

I just want to know why he dubbed it a 'pilgrimage' and not an 'Odyssey'.

BA-DUM-DUM!

Yak":wtz15z8v said:
Thank You, Gents. One & all.

Did that. Clicked on his Reviews tab, found and read his take on Embarcadero that way.

Then went back. Scrolled down his "Reviewed" list and clicked on Best Brown Flake. Nada. Phrase (Quantumboy) not found.

Then backed up again and clicked on Full Virginia Flake (also on his Reviewed list). Phrase not found.

???

His particular review may not be on the page you are viewing, try clicking the "NEXT" button at the bottom and retrying your search.

I've been checking out reviews in this manner for years. Sure works for me - as I have about six guys that I 'go to' for their spins.

I can't see there's much wrong with the search by reviewer thing. I just clicked on the link that was in the lead post here and then hit his reviews tab and Best Brown was about a dozen down the list.

What I like about the advanced search is the ability to custom hunt by blend components...either including or excluding specific tobaccos. I use that regularly.

Noting that I have some 7 tins of CC '05, I went to TR to find out what VA it featured. After reading the 25 reviews, I still didn't get any information. But then I remembered the insert—it's been a long time since I smoked any CC!