Penzance-- and here we go...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:affraid: :affraid: :affraid:

Thank you for the heads up. I just checked P&C this morning and they had none.

I have not smoked the venerable Penzance in so long.
Now I've got a nice, several tins coming my way in the mail.

$50 a tin, any takers? :lol:

I saw the earlier heads up about Mars, so I've been watching everyone else like a hawk waiting for some stock to come in. Hopefully there is a supply that can at the very least remain steady. Maybe even sink the price-gouging ship.
Wishful thinking... :roll:

The amount I picked up would normally last me a while when configured into my general rotation. However, the gradual building in strength of my Penzance withdrawals might demand smoking up my new stash faster than that first tin of JackKnife Plug I tore through.

Obelus":ipg32s8a said:
19Volks71":ipg32s8a said:
$50 a tin, any takers? :lol:
Got mine from Mars this weekend. Have a feeling that the ebay market for the stuff might shrink a little this week. :joker:
that's nit going to happen as long as people keep worshipping it. Also keep in mind that eBay is worldwide... Most of these etailers don't ship out of the states. As far as those of you who see it as price gouging, remember that falling confidence in the US dollar makes our currency weaker, thus making the numerical dollar worth of our tobacco increase. Penzance is much like gold bullion in a way. Oh and let's see what we pay at the pump in July.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Well I missed out on the penzance.the e-mail notice came at 12:30.
dealer stated that the supply sold out in 22 mimtues.Lucky I have a few tins
stashed.Gotta go into rehab to get off this stuff

nosenhoj":vz32okwj said:
I'm not interested in earning any penzaholic anonymous tokens. I have no shame in my addiction. I can just imagine an episode of "Intervention"....
Ben has changed so much since he got on the penzance. All he does anymore is contact etailers relentlessly and drive out of the way to far out B&m's in hopes of adding to his hoard. He has even stopped eating, and often gets sick from smoking on an emptyy stomach. His English pipes are all suffering from lat-bomb ghosting. He cares not about the room note and has already gotten several warnings from his landlord. Soon he will be on the streets. He is truly lost.

onabullit":lz0v3cxz said:
nosenhoj":lz0v3cxz said:
I'm not interested in earning any penzaholic anonymous tokens. I have no shame in my addiction. I can just imagine an episode of "Intervention"....
Ben has changed so much since he got on the penzance. All he does anymore is contact etailers relentlessly and drive out of the way to far out B&m's in hopes of adding to his hoard. He has even stopped eating, and often gets sick from smoking on an emptyy stomach. His English pipes are all suffering from lat-bomb ghosting. He cares not about the room note and has already gotten several warnings from his landlord. Soon he will be on the streets. He is truly lost.
I too am a shameless Penzance junkie. That is the smoke that got me hooked on English blends.
I don't necessarily compare the taste of all English smokes to that of Penzance, but I do compare the feeling I get when I light them up for the first time.

onabullit":epr5il4z said:
nosenhoj":epr5il4z said:
Hi my name is Eric and I´m a Penzaholic..... :lol!: :lol!:

Could you imagine the intervention footage? Breaking into the smoking studio and seeing the "addict" there furiously puffing away- open tin held between his knees.

:affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid:

I am remembering how I, along with other adics ,had to go cold turkey after
our supply of Edgeworth Sliced met it's demise.Beware penzaddics :lol!:

We have seen some oldtimers relapse on Balkan sobranie and write their families out of their wills to be able to afford it in eBay.

Specialty tobacco addiction is a disease. A penzaholic is never truly cured, as long as penzance is out there, it will remain a threat.

Obelus":4xq6sdvi said:
Lucky I'm an indiscriminate smoker with a questionable palate. Right now I'm enjoying PS Optimum in an old Wally Frank and am as happy as a clam...
You just described me!

onabullit":zfqy0dsg said:
We have seen some oldtimers relapse on Balkan sobranie and write their families out of their wills to be able to afford it in eBay.

Specialty tobacco addiction is a disease. A penzaholic is never truly cured, as long as penzance is out there, it will remain a threat.
Indeed. Perhaps the shortage is actually a gift form God for the addict.

But for the heroin addict there is Methadone- what would be the substitute for "P"?

I am lucky,I have no clue what I am missing out on :lol: Kinda making me highly curious though.