Penzance - Mmmm... Nice

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZeroContent

Reaction score
So a Bro gave me the kingly gift of a tin of Penzance. I've been sick pretty much since I got it so I'm just getting around to it now. I have to say it is quite a nice smoke. Considering how forward the latakia is in the tin it's pretty mellow, smooth and light. No bite, no spice, just smooth and smokey. I'll definitely snag more when it's available though we all know how rare that is. In the end, I can see why it last 30 seconds when it pops up online.

Yes, Penzance is some goooood stuff. That and Nightcap. If you can get it of course.

SG Chocolate Flake is another one you gotta be quick at the trigger with. Yuuuuumy, yum, yum.

Love the Penzance! I buy the larger quantities when they are available.

Sounds divine. The description is a bit daunting, but everyone mentions how damn smooth it is...

Penzance is a bit overated but it is damned good. Taste bud chemistry has to be figured in I think. Yes, it is smooth but there's some creamyness and thickness to it for me. When I got my first tin, it took me a few bowls for that to kick in. I'd rank it a balkan but hard to say. Reminds me a little of SPC Plum Pudding. Another exquisite blend.

Penzance is my fav. I just was lucky enough to find 4-2 oz tins and 1-8 oz bag from my favorite tobacco store. The problem was that the 8 oz bag had a couple of pin holes in it and when I opened the bag it smelled rancid and had mold on every flake...I felt like crying. Luckily they had another bag in good condition to replace the bad. The tobacco gods were with me lol.

To me, it's not over hyped, as I just don't know any other blend quite like it.
When it's smoldering just right, it's hard to beat.

Agree with Harlock, there is nothing I have had that is quite like it.
Overhyped, maybe a little; but, it is great stuff.

Got lucky and snagged 8oz from Iwan Reis this week. I've been waiting for almost two years to get some more.
Since backup arrived, I can finally crack open what was my last tin!

I like Penzance and gave it a four star review on TR.com. The only problem with it is that it is hard to come by, as I'm sure you've heard before. The room note is pretty strong, too.

Smokey

barracudamagoo":5trxxgi4 said:
Agree with Harlock, there is nothing I have had that is quite like it.
Overhyped, maybe a little; but, it is great stuff.

Got lucky and snagged 8oz from Iwan Reis this week. I've been waiting for almost two years to get some more.
Since backup arrived, I can finally crack open what was my last tin!
:cheers:

I've got 4 tins sitting on my shelf, I still haven't even tried it yet. I've been waiting for the right occasion. I think the right occasions is going be right after I finish off my Blue Mountain. My one concern is going to be that I like it too much and won't be able to get a hold of it again for a while.