Penzance Problems

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maiser

Reaction score
I have some penzance stored in mason jars, and I have a question about it's appearance.

Do you guys see silverish spots on your flakes? Or am I looking at some mold?

I opened one of my jars and they didn't smell moldy or anything, but I'd like to know your guys' experiences.

-Mike.

I agree, sounds like sugar crystals in which case that is a good and desirable thing.

Mike, You are more than likely looking at sugar crystals. Just do not put any tobacco in a jar too moist or you stand the chance of developing mold, especially in the summer time. Gary

Guess I will chalk it up to the crystals. Thanks gentlemen.

I suprised you haven't gotten the normal, " send it to me immediately so that you won't be harmed by it's evilness", so I guess I'm fifth in the fourth line to take it off your hands when the time comes. :lol:

Esoterica may be throwing in some cocaine to make penzance that much more addictive.

onabullit":b3kfsr33 said:
Esoterica may be throwing in some cocaine to make penzance that much more addictive.
If that's the case, then I love cocaine. :cheers:

The comment about 'Penzance cocaine' is pretty good.

There are manufacturers that go very light on the preservatives. And their tobaccos are a bit of a challenge for those who hoard or even dally too long over an open tin! Sam Gawith and Germaine are both in that category. I'm surprised that it doesn't attract more comment.

Bloom is usually crystalline ie this is from age. If you don't see shiny facets then it's unlikely to be bloom.

Penzance starts to grow a whitish powder almost as soon as the tin is opened. And jars in the cellar will do this too. The first time I encountered it I seriously wondered. And yes I smoked it and many others so afflicted. It seems to be harmless. Penzance cocaine - if you like! I think I'm still alive and almost normal. Of course what passes for normal isn't necessarily something to brag about.

I'm banging 7 gram flakes and finishing em' because thats how I roll - Charred E. Sheen

I'm banging 7 gram flakes and finishing em' because thats how I roll - Charred E. Sheen

lmao...that is very good :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Hey Brother M,
They are sugar crystals. I have stored Penzance in Mason Jars quite a few times and it always develops the white spots. You are good to go on it.

I wipe a little sweat off my brow with every post!

Thank you gentlemen.

Does it look like this?
fvf110.jpg

(this is FVF)