Penzance, Stonehaven, and FVF are available

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Lowe

Reaction score
Iwan Ries just sent me notification that these three tobaccos are back in stock and available.

Happy hunting.

Aha, I was wondering when they were going to receive their shipment.

Got a bag of the 'Zance and Haven. :cheers:

I snagged 8 ounces of Stonehaven. Reasonably priced...thanks for the heads up!

Storm_Crow":7gdqfu8n said:
See Storm, you don't even need to bother signing up for IWR's email notifications anymore. All we need to do is hang out on the BoB.

Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed 8 oz of Penzance. Good thing too, I was down to my last bowl.

DrumsAndBeer":gyzrwb21 said:
Storm_Crow":gyzrwb21 said:
See Storm, you don't even need to bother signing up for IWR's email notifications anymore. All we need to do is hang out on the BoB.
Yea I pretty much just sleep here. :lol:

I have a N00b question: Do either Penzance or Stonehaven have high "N" content?

I see that everyone is a fan of both and since I have never tried either, I was just wondering.

Thanks in advance.

Mozjo33":h22nz5br said:

I see that everyone is a fan of both and since I have never tried either, I was just wondering.

Thanks in advance.
In my humble opinion Stonehaven is a firm medium-strong in the nic department. If I smoke Stonehaven on an empty stomach, it's spin worthy. Penzance on the other hand is a bit under medium.

DrumsAndBeer":noifj7gw said:
Mozjo33":noifj7gw said:

Thanks in advance.
In my humble opinion Stonehaven is a firm medium-strong in the nic department. If I smoke Stonehaven on an empty stomach, it's spin worthy. Penzance on the other hand is a bit under medium.
Stony has never seemed to have a nic factor with me. And I hasten to add that I feel I'm sensitive to nic-laden blends! Go figure!

:confused:

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":nblyfbrk said:
Stony has never seemed to have a nic factor with me. And I hasten to add that I feel I'm sensitive to nic-laden blends! Go figure!

:confused:

Cheers,

RR
I should probably add, that I am quite sensitive to nicotine, and Stonehaven if pushed and not treated with a bit of respect, can definitely get me a bit. It's most definitely a body chemistry thing, and the fact that I do not smoke every day, more like 4-5 a week.

And I agree with Dave. Stonehaven is not Coniston Cut Plug or 1792. But nonetheless I have received a bit of the buzz from Stonehaven. Not uncomfortable, but more of a warning, a "pre-spanking" if you will.

Dave_In_Philly":48jtmw59 said:
Stonehaven won't give any of the G&H blends a run for their money, but its no slouch.
Yea, it's stronger than my fav, Marlin Flake, but it's not incredibly potent...medium to medium strong I'd say, though some of the reviews on tr.com seem to call it a very strong blend. I don't tend to tolerate very strong blends, but SH is within my threshholds so long as I don't pile the leaf into a massive bowl.