Peretti tins

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Burley

Reaction score
I tend to buy tobacco in 8 oz. quantities. Anyone know if Peretti's 8 oz. tins seal OK for general use, not aging? Or do I have to break down and finally buy jars? (Call it heresy, but I'm not really into the aging thing.)

I've bought my Royal Blend in the 8oz "paint cans" for several years and found the plastic bag/lid arraignment they use to work just fine for the length of time it takes me to consume the quantity of 'baccy in the can. Remember, I'm just an old fart that SMOKES his 'baccy, not one of the expert connoisseurs that are here on Bob ! :twisted: :twisted: Works for me !! :twisted:

I don't trust their packaging for long term storage. The paint can to me doesn't seal good enough for long term, not to mention that flimsy bag. I jar what I don't want to smoke right away into mason jars. Just my opinion

I have several of those cans in my cellar. In fact, I recently opened a 15-year old can and there were no problems. There was a little rusting at the edge of the seam inside the can, but everything was fine. The tobacco was wonderfully aged and well preserved. My oldest cans are over 20 years old and look almost new.