Peretti's Royal Blend a review

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipesmoker09

Reaction score
Ok Brothers on monday I ordered 3 different Peretti Blends and today found the order in my mail box... tonight I loaded up my new Savinelli with the royal Blend all I can say is WOW!!!

What a hell of a blend, this blend came some what reccomended to me and for me being a Lat,balkan and english blend aficionado this somewhat took the cake for me.

Upon opening the box I smelt the sweet smell of orientals and lats and the look and quality of the tobacco is extremely good

Upon first light the tobacco took the flame quite well and with a light tamp I was in business, from first draw this blend took to my palate extremely well just a hurricane of great taste that is not over powering and extremely "cool" flavors/smoke was consistant till about half bowl then taste took a slight change and improved for the better coming out a little bit more robust but maintained a true integrity through out. Bowl lasted me little over an hour

5 star rating for me!!

Second those five stars - a wonderful, sour, yendije packed taste treat... An English in he old style that stands alone (unless you count comptons :)

Royal blend is awesome...it's one of the 2 lat blends I smoke. The other being Penzance.

To me the orientals definately take charge with the lat in second...its the way I prefer english/balkans.

If you like burleys you should try Peretti Somerset slices....an awesome burley flake only rivaled by Solani ABF imo.

Royal Blend is a TRUE Balkan blend very, very close to the old benchmark for Balkans, Sobranie 759. It has a substantial amt of Latakia, but it is kept in place by the great Va's and Orientals used so that it is a background element and balances the whole blend. One of the all time GREAT blends, FAR BETTER than much coming from across the pond and the nice thing is it's AVAILABLE and made HERE in the good ol US of A :p JMHO :lol:

I like it , but don't smoke it often. They insist on putting a light topping on everything, which is, of course what they are known for.

Thanks to my "brother" cigar2u for loaning a paint can of this, as well as Peretti's Tashkent. It has been awhile since I have had the opportunity to really sit down and enjoy a bowl of these wonderful tobaccos. What strikes me with Royal Blend is how different it is from any other English/Balkans currently on the market. I kinda got burnt out on English/Balkan blends a few years back and they all just wound up tasting the same to me. It is funny how the palate changes over time....never would've thought 5-6 yrs ago when I was a Latakia-phile that I would one day find a home with the strong tobaccos from G&H and Samuel Gawith. However, it is nice to revisit old favorites after giving them a rest, and I am certainly glad I am revisiting these wonderful Peretti blends!

Cheers,
Scott