Perique Video

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the link - that was a very informative video!

It features Percy Martin's farm, and Percy himself in the video. That's a great piece of history right there.

I was surprised that the farm is only 12 acres of tobacco. I guess in some things size really doesn't matter.

Remarkable to see the process. It's all hands-on. And is there anything whisky barrels can't do?

Those Nat. American Spirit perique cigs are pretty tasty, but it's a notably different experience having perique in a blend designed to burn quickly. But it's a chance to woo some of my friends over to the Briar side of the force... "Oh, I see you like perique. Well..."

Thanks for "borrowing" from another board,,,lots of information there,,,,doesn't look like rocket science,,,except for the growing soil, humidity, temperature, stripping, packing, pressing, waiting for it to age,,,,,and he seems like the kind of guy that didn't get where he is by telling and showing all his secrets,,,who could blame him?,,,,great video :cheers:

Thanks for posting this. As a perique lover myself, I have read about the methods of making it, but seeing it was very interesting.

I keep sayin' I'm going over there to have
have a look around. I live 18 miles from Paulina.
Mebbie some day.

Don't help yourself to any free samples,that guy looks like he would shoot you
in the ass with a load of rock salt. :shock:

Winslow :sunny:

And then pack you in one of his barrels !!!!