Pet Peeves...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growley

Reaction score
I got to thinking about my pet peeves the other day, and I have some really minor things that set me off. Some are understandable, some are just down right ridiculous. It got me wondering what little things bother other people to no end.

Whatcha got?

I'll go first.

Arrogant people drive me batty. (probably understandable)

But how about this? If I accidentaly put my t-shirt on backwards, I just irritated myself to no end :shock:  What's up with that?

eI7crqyLEcel.jpg

PS. The intention of this post isn't to put everyone in a bad mood, but to maybe laugh at ourselves a bit and let others laugh with us.

It's a sure sign of a bad day when I arrive at work and I realize my boxers are on backwards.

(I had a friend in middle school who bought that "krossed out" fashion hook-line-and-sinker. Not a good look. It makes me feel better to know that kids born when that album came out are now graduating college. Better, but oooold.)

My pet peeves:
  • Misuse of the apostrophe
  • People who don't know/ignore rules of space and traffic flow when driving
  • Anyone who leaves a mess in a public restroom
Those aren't too crazy... my one totally irrational peeve: catsup on a hot dog. Pure chauvinism, I know, but I can't stand it, and I can't stand seeing it happen. (Tomato slices on a Chicago dog are A-OK, though.)

Our worthless sold out politicians.

Bankers, the most evil criminals on the planet.

Cigarette smokers.

People who are oblivious to the outside world, and are driving on the same road as me.

Forum experts who puke their arrogance upon us.

How do ya like 'er now?:tongue: :lol!: 

I like hobie's list!

My pet peeve is...
Movie DVDs that have very low volume during dialogue,
then extremely loud volume when music is playing, or things are
exploding.

Good ones. I've got to agree with poor use of apostrophe's :twisted:, DVD volume changes, and droopy britches.

If we're getting into grammatical mistakes, I'd add the terrible influence texting has had on the proper written word.

Growley, do you know the story of how they started wearing their pants down below their butts?

On Ellis Island Prison, in NY, the young black men started wearing them that way to signal to the other prisoners in the open yard area that they wanted to have sex. 99% of the black men in the USA likely have no idea where it started or what it meant, they just followed along wanting desperately to conform to all the other Black Sheeple.

Saggy trousers do have their origins in prison attire, but not as a visual pickup line. Prison blues come in limited sizes and belts are generally not allowed.
http://www.snopes.com/risque/homosex/sagging.asp

I used to have a laundry list of fashion pet peeves... then I worked a few years at an apparel company. The only constant about fashion is that it changes, sometimes for practical reasons but always always because new fashions means new purchases.

-Texting or talking on the phone wile operating a motor vehicle.
-Parking in the handicap spot when your not.
-Dog owners that let there dog crap everywhere but in there own yard.

Humm I have a couple, and none of mine deal with grammar because I didn't pay that much attention in school.
(so  apologies to any one who has grammar pet peeves)
Number one has to be people who don't follow the "Golden Rule" but expect it to be followed by others
Number two is definitely summertime tourist traffic. not pointing any fingers but PA you could drive a little better :lol!: 
Number three has to be when someone doesn't put the tool back in the designated tool spot in the shop
That's kinda it

Lots of things posted here I probably would agree with, but are not really all THAT much of a peeve for me. But one thing is and that's the whiney, wailing radio personalities that one finds on talk radio. ALL of 'em Whine, whine, whine that's ALL they do ARRRRGHHH :twisted:  Other than that not to much really bothers me :twisted: 

Another pet peeve is when I'm in line to purchase something in a store,
and just as I get to the cashier, the phone rings, and the cashier spends the next five minutes answering questions from a potential customer instead of ringing up my purchase and taking my money!
Don't they have a "hold" button on their phone?

Harlock999":31exltmw said:
Another pet peeve is when I'm in line to purchase something in a store,
and just as I get to the cashier, the phone rings, and the cashier spends the next five minutes answering questions from a potential customer instead of ringing up my purchase and taking my money!
Don't they have a "hold" button on their phone?
but you are in queue and already going to purchase something. the person on the phone needs to be convinced to get to the step that you are in. that is how i was trained at retail :D 
i didn't follow it though. it's okay to put someone on hold on the phone in my book.

a weird pet peeve i have is all my cash needs to face the same direction. years of counting cash drawers has ingrained that in me. also those words on websites that pop up ads when your mouse scrolls on them. i HATE those.

Humans. Present company excluded, of course. :D

I'm just waiting for the return of the mothership.

somedumbjerk":72fjsuob said:
a weird pet peeve i have is all my cash needs to face the same direction.
I have the same concern. I want all my bills to face the same direction, and be in sequence. The odd part about that though is that I haven't decided if I want the big bills in front, or in back.

Oh, and another... How about when you get change at the drive through, and they hand your bills with your coins on top? The coins tend to slide right off. It would make more sense IMHO to hand you the coins first and bills second.

Growley":1h7yaiii said:
somedumbjerk":1h7yaiii said:
a weird pet peeve i have is all my cash needs to face the same direction.
I have the same concern. I want all my bills to face the same direction, and be in sequence. The odd part about that though is that I haven't decided if I want the big bills in front, or in back.

Oh, and another... How about when you get change at the drive through, and they hand your bills with your coins on top? The coins tend to slide right off. It would make more sense IMHO to hand you the coins first and bills second.
yup. coins, then bills. that was a policy i actually followed through from day one of retail. i was taught the right way when my manager was teaching me the register, she handed it to me coins first then bills, and the she did it the other way and shoved a bag at me, i went for it and coins dropped everywhere.

Well, here is my short list:

1. People making obnoxious disgusting noises as they eat.
2. Coughing without covering your mouth.
3. People who don't use their turn signal.
4. People who pepper their entire conversation with "like" and "and stuff"
Ex: I just want to like help people and stuff. ( I can't tell you how many times I hear that in interviews!)

People whom haven't a clue.
People who's word is worthless.
People who's ego enters the room before them.
Selfish, narrow mind people whom have only one purpose in life, to serve themselves.
People whom have a problem with cigarette smokers or any smoker for that fact.
People in general, they screw it up for everyone else. (didn't see that coming, did ya?)

Acronyms and initialism.  It bad enough when the government has to make up catchy ones so we don't feel as screwed; but, those of us who smoked a handful of blends over the course of the years suffer through some weird conjecture at times.

I won't give the full list of my PP's :) but I will tell you they change as you age.  Perspective!  Understand that, sonny?  Now, get off my grass!

Young, beautiful, wealthy women who just want me for my body. They burn me up! I wish they'd leave me alone. Their hands are always all over me, just because they buy me boats and planes and stuff and then expect favors. Do they think I'm easy or something?