Pet peeves

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What are your pet peeves? The ones that really get your panties in a bunch (and the responses are not limited to just one, and you can be as verbose as you like).

OK I'll go first -

Motorists that park in a handicapped space without displaying the required placard. If you are truly handicapped this should be more or less permanently affixed.

Gals in the checkout line at the supermarket that suddenly remember they have to render payment at the end of the transaction, and then dig furiously through their luggage sized purses for the credit/debit card....or worse the checkbook which then takes an additional minute or more to write out along with the check register......

..... worst of all is the elderly female customer who seems to know the checkout gal and proceeds to show her the photos of the beloved grandkids along with stories about their antics and superior mental prowess........

:no:

And yours?

Cheers,

RR

People who ask what 'this' or that' is, waving their arms about. Like they don't know what an object is called, and it's obviously a hammer, or a sandwich, or some such common place thing. All other such vaguery is equally twinging. Like, "The thing outside is open".

Folks that interrupt then fall short halfway through their sentence, not knowing how to express themselves, but adamantly needing your attention to watch them stammer.

Folks that ask questions, and when you answer reply, "I know". When it is obvious they do not know.

People who say they can do whatever, and when put to task display their lack of ability, costing me time, money, and effort. Better to say "I'll try" or "I haven't done that before" than to claim proficiency and prove inadequacy.

Pointless acts of violence or poor behavior to make one's self feel better about themselves.

Hypocritical Christians.

My failure to overcome those and other 'peeves'. That's the worst!

Religion and politics. Apathy. Militant stupidity passing as valid opinion. Parasites at any income level. Tattoos on pretty women. Bad expensive cigars. Men wearing armpit shirts (wife beaters) in a restaurant or anywhere else. Most flying insects...

Arrogance and ignorance especially it they're combined.

Richard Burley":da57h0rl said:
Religion and politics. Apathy. Militant stupidity passing as valid opinion. Parasites at any income level. Tattoos on pretty women. Bad expensive cigars. Men wearing armpit shirts (wife beaters) in a restaurant or anywhere else. Most flying insects...
Nailed it.

Lysander":q20hr46o said:
Men who don't have the manners to remove their hat in a restaurant. Love the way Tony Soprano handled the situation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr3mlbv16Cw
Heh. I believe Tony bought the miscreant an expensive bottle of wine or something afterwards, and had it delivered to his table. Good for Tony, an all-around nice guy when he wasn't killing or beating someone. ;)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QJ882QYzr-M" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: