Pete 304 or 306

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkagitSmoke

Reaction score
Hey Brothers,

I'm looking at getting a Pete System 304 or 306 but I'm a little hung up on which to get. Obviously the 306 is slightly larger than the 304. I'm curious if any of you have had both and can comment on any differences in how they smoke. I love the shape and the fact that it's a nice sitter.

Have a good weekend.

Buy both :twisted: Sorry I can't be more help but it is my brotherly duty to encourage PAD.

I'm not sure if those are the small and medium or the medium and large so cant say which one, but my preference is for the medium system pipes.

My personal favorite is the 20s which is basically the same as the 314.

kaiser83":p9i8o2tj said:
Buy both :twisted: Sorry I can't be more help but it is my brotherly duty to encourage PAD.
I will second that
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

306 is a bit bigger then the 304, but still only a medium size pipe. Plus it has the classic oompall look.

Peterson 304
Peterson304.jpg

Peterson 306
Peterson306.jpg

Potaytoes, Potahtoes

I like the slightly more compactness of the 304. Both are beautiful pipes though.

Interesting. I hadn't compared them on a grid. It really is hard to tell them apart. Might just end up going for the 304 since I rarely have time for the longer smoke the 306 would allow.

Blue Max":cctrcerw said:
Peterson 304
Peterson304.jpg

Peterson 306
Peterson306.jpg

Potaytoes, Potahtoes

I like the slightly more compactness of the 304. Both are beautiful pipes though.
I think those pics may have gotten screwed up these are the pipes he's considering, and there is a pretty dramatic difference (IMHO) between the two:

304:

psb304.jpg

306:

psb306.jpg

I say get the bigger one. You can always put a small amount of leaf in the bigger bowls but you can't put a lot into a smaller bowl without plugging it.

They are both 304s and 306s, one is rusticated and one is smooth.

Blue Max":kkpux0mi said:
They are both 304s and 306s, one is rusticated and one is smooth.
I meant the difference in size. It seems the original set of pictures appears to show two pipes of the same size. The size difference is more dramatic in the second set.

I haven't owned any of the flat bottomed 304/306 shape, but I have several of pipes in the 317/314/312 series and there is a pretty significant difference in size between them.