Pete Lestrade

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idlefellow

Reaction score
Bought on the bay; I paid more than I wanted to but it was advertised as "fine pre-owned condition". As received: filthy dirty with some spots of something hard caked on the outside of the bowl, heavily caked bowl, heavily caked and charred rim, stem appeared to have been scraped in attempt to remove oxidation, some small dents in bowl and a small pulled out spot in the silver band. I was all set to return it but I really like the the grain so I requested a partial refund which the seller accepted. Still paid maybe a bit too much probably but oh well. The excuse given: "we had a new employee evaluating our pipes and he confused this one with the condition of a Dunhill he was working on." Yeah, right.

Anyway, after a major reaming and cleaning and some microfiber pad work on the stem, burnishing the band back down, etc. it came out OK. It's not perfect; not much I could do about the dents and the stem could probably use a little more work, but close enough. Still need to do a sit 'n' soak. Before and after:

uUro00xm.jpg

2hw8sW8m.jpg

fENmSYLl.jpg

Toso0F6l.jpg

Kqg5AMRl.jpg

LfSxQdil.jpg