Peter Stokkebye coming to visit

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d4klutz

Reaction score
Tonight, I will get to meet Peter Stokkebye at our Houston Pipe Club. I am really looking forward to this. If you don't know who he is, he created the 4th generation line of tobaccos. His Flake 1931 is an amazing blend and one of my favorites. My BSP-CP8 and the 1931 flake get along in a perfect harmony. I am planning on buying a few more tins tonight (if possible) But they are expensive at $18 usd per tin. I eventually would like to try all of the 4th generation line of tobaccos, but have been really hung up on flakes as of late. They seem to have the perfect strength for my style of smoking. My CP8 enjoys the flakes folded and stuffed, but really sings when they are fully rubbed out and dried just a bit. I can burn the whole bowl to ash very easily with few relights.

I will try to add a synopsis of the visit tomorrow as I will not get home till terribly late tonight (around 11pm or so)

Outstanding....great opportunity to expand your horizons.  

Be sure to take your BSP pipe....make 'em jealous.

I have both of them with me :) If there are samples available, I figured I would try them :) :bounce: 

Sounds like you are going to have a good time. I'm quite jealous, enjoy!

d4klutz":p56xxjix said:
Tonight, I will get to meet Peter Stokkebye at our Houston Pipe Club.
You most likely mean Erik Stokkebye, the late Peter Stokkebye's son.  Peter unfortunately passed away a few years ago and is greatly missed.  His son Erik is carrying on the family tradition quite well.

I agree the 1931 flake is excellent.  Remember to ask Erik to autograph one of your tins.  

CACooper

Such a fantastic opportunity JP, enjoy the evening Buddy.

I'm flattered you're taking your two pipes with you.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

CACooper. You are right. It was Erik.

I did buy a tin and he autographed it for me. My favorite is the 4th generation 1931 blend. My second favorite is the 1897. I got to try all the blends except the english blend, 1882. The other two blends, 1855 (pure, straight va) and 1957 (a full bodied aro) were good, but nothing to write home about in my humle opinion. I had a wonderful evening. I entered a raffle, but didn't win, unfortunately.

However, I took both my bsp pipes with me, and almost everyone stopped by to check out my most recent one from him. I also made sure to tell everyone to come to the BoB forum. I couldn't sell a warm coat to an Eskimo in winter, so I don't know if anyone will actually come here. LOL But I tried.

Must have been a buzz meeting Erik and getting to try out some of the new line, I never win raffles or competitions either mate, oh I won a free domain name once but was ill and late to claiming it so I didn't get it, got to laugh eh.

I'm so flattered and honoured you took along your pipes JP and that you spoke about them and especially that you spoke to Erik about them, don't know which is more intense my delight or my nervousness about it but folk all seem to have liked them so that's wonderful.

I'm so pleased you had such a great time at the club meeting, must feel awesome being a part of a real life Pipe Club, good for you friend.  :cheers: :sunny: :heart: 

Well done JP. Sounds like a worthwhile expedition. Interesting that not all the blends tickled your fancy...