Peterson 2023 Christmas pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idlefellow

Reaction score
Some nice shapes being offered, nice prices, and I like the red sandblast. I get that they're trying to cut costs but I wish they'd offer a p-lip, even as a special-order option. I'd be willing to wait a while for one with a p-lip.

I've been waiting for them to show up online. I'm also holding out until payday haha. I'm eyeballing the 127 because most of my pipes are already straight. Otherwise I would go 120, 264, or 268. Based on my usual preferences.

I've been waiting for them to show up online. I'm also holding out until payday haha. I'm eyeballing the 127 because most of my pipes are already straight. Otherwise I would go 120, 264, or 268. Based on my usual preferences.
Yea I've been on a straight kick recently. Long and skinny lol. The 103 and 15 are my second choices.

Very nice looking pipes and very restrained for them, last lot I remember looked like Christmas trees at full blast. Or maybe that was the Savinelli xmas pipes...

I've come to like larger bowls. Been looking at the XL11 calabash but there seems to be some inconsistency in reported stats. One site says bowl depth is 1.89", another says 1.78". If only 1.78" I will look for another Pub or PSB house pipe.

I'd go for a B42 as I like the tapered stem; my B42 has the standard Pete military-style mount. Without a p-lip though I'll prolly pass.

Yea I've been on a straight kick recently. Long and skinny lol. The 103 and 15 are my second choices.
I've been the same way for many years. I have generally preferred straight pipes. Now as I look at my pipes, I can't help but feel that a few nice bent shapes might be more comfortable for clenching, and may help to better round out my collection.
Very nice looking pipes and very restrained for them, last lot I remember looked like Christmas trees at full blast. Or maybe that was the Savinelli xmas pipes...
That may have been Savinelli, last year's Petes were a dark sandblast with a copper spigot or army mount. I actually really appreciated the subtlety of them.

That said, I have a St Patricks Day Pete with the green stem that I have still yet to smoke, because I liked it when I bought it, but the green stem has not grown on me. The longer I own it, the more I think it detracts from an otherwise handsome pipe.

That may have been Savinelli, last year's Petes were a dark sandblast with a copper spigot or army mount. I actually really appreciated the subtlety of them.

That said, I have a St Patricks Day Pete with the green stem that I have still yet to smoke, because I liked it when I bought it, but the green stem has not grown on me. The longer I own it, the more I think it detracts from an otherwise handsome pipe.

Ahh yes, you're correct on both counts. It was the Sav xmas pipes and the St Pats Pete's that I was thinking of and yes last years pipes from Peterson were very subtle.

I did buy one of the Dracula halloween pipes from Peterson a year or so ago, with the brindled black and red stem. It has really grown on me and that was with liking the pics on the website. I can't say the same for the St Pats pipes.