Peterson blends now available in bulk

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_In_Philly

Reaction score
I just noticed that Smoking Pipes has 1lb bags of most Peterson's blends. They appear to be going for $56, which is just a bit more than 50% off the tinned price. I try to buy bulk and avoid tins whenever possible, and I have always wished for a bulk alternative to buying tins of Old Dublin. It kills me, because I just restocked.

It's always good to have more bulk options, in my opinion. I have a few Peterson tins I may need to crack to see if I should stock up on any bulk blends!

Bulk is great if you can get it, most of my favs aren't available in bulk sadly. Thanks for the tip Dave!

There are only 6 blends offered, and none of the flakes or plugs, which is what I was most interested in. Oh well.

DrumsAndBeer":bh1bved3 said:
No bulk Irish Flake.. :(

When I was smoking alot of IF (that period when the tin had the new red label but wasn't square yet) it was my opinion that if it was available readily in bulk it would have been a dominant flake on the market.

juanmedusa":jpf21u7q said:
When I was smoking alot of IF (that period when the tin had the new red label but wasn't square yet) it was my opinion that if it was available readily in bulk it would have been a dominant flake on the market.  
Interesting. I have one of the "anchovy" style tins left, and another in the newer standard square vacuum-sealed style. I have only ever smoked IF from the mini tin. Peterson tobaccos have seen a number of manufacturer changes over the last 10 years, so it does not surprise me to hear about any noticeable differences within a certain blend. My hope is that Mac Baren improves IF with that special Dark Fired they have. If not, there's always ODF, which I have a slight preference for, even over the old IF. See, no worries. :D

I hear ya brother. Awhile ago I was looking for a bulk tobacco that I would smoke in place of IF and came across Dark Flake Unscented which led to DFS which led to the whole world of Lakelands. If I'd have been able to buy it in bulk then I may have stuck to it.

Shows how long its been since I smoked a Peterson flake. I didn't know they had changed there tins. I still have at least one of the rectangular tins kicking around. I'm actually a little bummed to hear that it's MacBarren producing them now. I love MacBarren flakes, but they bite me like the dickens.

Weird, after finishing off that Kendall Kentucky by GH&Co (one of only about three non-granny panties offerings from 'em), I needed to dive into something bold. ODF still hits the mark, as I'm having some right this moment.

If Peterson Perfect Plug or Irish Flake were in bulk, I'd tap that deal. Too bad they aren't going that route with either.

8)

Kyle Weiss":1ky2aec5 said:
Weird, after finishing off that Kendall Kentucky by GH&Co (one of only about three non-granny panties offerings from 'em), I needed to dive into something bold.   ODF still hits the mark, as I'm having some right this moment.

If Peterson Perfect Plug or Irish Flake were in bulk, I'd tap that deal.   Too bad they aren't going that route with either.  

8)
Oh yeah, good call. I'd get 3P in bulk. Got about 4 tins now including a super early one with some good age on it.