Peterson Carroll of Carrollton

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idlefellow

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has sprung for one of these? I'm kinda intrigued by the "short Churchwarden" thing, and I do have a few bucks of house credit at Smokingpipes. I vowed never to buy a Peterson without a p-lip but I might have to renegue on that promise.

xR58wAEl.jpg

I'm tempted by the sandblast mostly due to price but if I get one I think I'm gonna go for the Heritage finish. I have quite a few sandblast Petes but don't have any in the Heritage. I returned a SH Professor in that finish because I thought it was misrepresented, but since I now know what to expect I think it looks pretty nice on the smaller bowl of the Carrollton. I do think a p-lip would have enhanced the look of the pipe however :D!

Later: well, I done did it. I figure the most it can cost me is a little return shipping.

Last edited:
Well, I received the pipe today and it'll be going back. I don't know what I was expecting and I probably should have paid more attention to the specs, but it's WAY too small for me; I just know I'll never smoke it. Too bad; it's a nice concept. Maybe they'll appeal to folks who prefer small pipes but that's definitely not me :(. Shown here with my SH Professor...

am5Jtatl.jpg

I find that a .75 inch diameter and 1.25 inch depth is perfect for what I smoke. It will fit a MacBaren HH Pure Virginia Flake or half a Dunhill/Peterson Flake. It also works for an hour or so English/Balkan blend.