Peterson Outdoor Nose Warmer

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Undertaker

Reaction score
I’ve become quite fond of my little Peterson Outdoor #86 pocket pipe. The closest pipe shop of any size is 12 hours away in Minneapolis or Denver so I have to rely on what I read and what is recommended to me. Can any of you recommend any other pipes along the lines and price point of that little Peterson?

If you like what you've got, maybe get another Peterson? Cup-O-Joes prices can be beat but they have quite a few Petersons, or did last time I was there. And they are a good firm to do business with.

You might also try smokingpipes.com and pipesandcigars.com.

If you're wanting a different brand, there are many, many carvers/companies that can supply you with a satisfactory pipe: Stanwell (their quality has been very good, but they moved the factory recently, and I don't know about the quality of the pipes that they're currently producing), johs, neerup.

If you buy estate pipes (used) you can literally double your money, get twice the pipe that you could get buying it new. That's how I buy most of my pipes. smokingpipes and The Pipe Rack are good places to hunt for low-cost estates.

Oh yes, I’ve done a lot of business with both of those companies. I was looking more for a recommendation for another short pipe in addition to my Peterson Outdoor, to augment my collection.

A great little pipe is the Savinelli "LOLLO". You can pick up an estate pipe on ebay for around $19.00 through $32.00. They have a small stinger in them but i have never had one gurgle and I own three of them.

Not sure if you are looking to stick with a shape similar to your pete or not, but for a smallish pocket pipe in a relatively modest price range, a stanwell shape 191 is my choice. It's a smallish and compact bent bulldog, but still retains some danish gracefullness of shape. I smoke mine frequently and will probably buy more in different finishes someday. Its definitely one of my favorites and one of my workhorse type pipes.

If your looking for another nose warmer I would recommend Boswells, JM makes some really nice ones. They usually run around $130. Keep a close look out on Thursday mornings for there new pipes that go up on the web site.

IMG080.jpg
This little 620 savinelli is nice and small for a bent pipe. You might not go for the bent thing though